Ratings for Dr. Durwin D. Walker

He has always answered all my questions making sure that I understood . Well satisfied with him.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

My family and I have had more than one problem with this doctor and his staff. Today my mother was waiting for a phone call from Dr. Walker's office to obtain lab results to see if she had breat cancer. She decided to call them and was told by “Sally” that they had the results but could not give them to her and the doctor would call her back shortly. Two hours later, my mom called back and was told that Dr. Walker was still at lunch. My mom called again 30 minutes later and was told by some woman (not Dr. Walker) that she did not have breast cancer. My experience there was not great either. It took months for my insurance to agree to pay to test me for sleep apnea. The morning after my test, I was told by the sleep administrator that he did notice some trouble with my breathing. When I called the doctor weeks later for my results, I was told I did not suffer from any sleep disorders. Less than a year later, I went to a sleep clinic and was diagnosed with severe sleep apnea.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Dr. Durwin is very polite and passionate, and has a reputation for being a great diagnostic doctor.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

Dr. Durwin Walker is a wonderful Dr. He always takes time to ask you detailed questions and always listens to what you have to say. He is VERY compasionate and VERY VERY smart. If he tells you something you can take it to the bank. My whole family love this man.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

flag | Submitted March 30, 2008

I was not happy with my visit, he could not explain the difference between medicines...he asked if I understood Organic Chemistry!I then asked him how I could find out the difference between the two, he told me I could look it up. I felt like he should be knowledgable of the medicine he prescribes. He told me to try different medicines and if I couldnt find one that worked, "I would just have to live life like I have been for my previous years". I left the office and did not reschedule, I do not understand his reasoning, I am a new patient and this was my third visit. He is always very brief, I do not get the feeling of comfort from him. I do not think he is pationate about his practice. That is sad.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2008

Doctor Walker, is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is very compassionate and ask all the questions and takes all test needed before he makes a diagnosis, He has always dianosed my illness's accuratly and precribed the approbiate medicine. If you are looking for a doctor that cares, Doctor Durwin Walker is the man. Lori Owens

flag | Submitted February 18, 2007

Dr. Walker is by far the most compassionate Dr. I have EVER been to. He LISTENS to every word I say. He TALKS to me about my problems. He is very personable. Ilove him to death. Tracy T.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2005

Dr. Durwin D. Walker's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1981)

AARP