Ratings for Dr. Andrew Alexis

Back in February, I was given a follow up appointment to see Dr. Alexis on Saturday, May 20 . After waiting 3 months, I was looking forward to seeing the doctor as the condition was getting bad. So I was extremely disappointed when I arrived for my appointment only to be told by the security guard that his office was closed. His appointments were all cancelled and no one from his office bothered to inform me. I live in New Jersey which means NJT plus MTA. Quite a long way! Dr. Alexis is a terrific doctor but someone from his staff dropped the ball. And the flimsy and indifferent "sorry about that" wasn't helpful. Again, this is not against Dr. Alexis, but his staff.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

After being treated by several doctors over the years for psoriasis, I was not able to fully receive the treatments I really needs. Dr. Alexis listen to what I had to say and offer different treatment methods and the impact/side effects each medication would have. I felt comfortable and ready for trails and error. Overall I'm very pleased and happy to have found Dr. Alexis.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Felt comfortable with him. He answered all my questions and gave advice/suggestion no other dermatologist ever given me.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Helpful and smart. Good bedside manner. Made me better. No complaints.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I made an appointment to see Dr. Alexis, not an intern. On the wall opposite the work station with his most unprofessional office staff, there is clearly a sign that indicates if you DO NOT want to be seen by an intern to let the doctor know.I never said I came to his office for a full body cancer screening. When he ran out of nonsense to say, he finally flipped the full body cancer comment out of his mouth. He continuously looked at me with blinking wide eyes to try to emphasize his point that he needed an intern.I had moles which needed to be assessed and he treated me like a leper, by asking me to move my body in awkward positions so he could view the moles. None of the moles were in a location a "female" was needed for. Male gynecologists do not even need a female babysitter during an exam. As for the huge mole on my face, on my cheek right under my eye, Andrew failed to assess the mole staring him in the face. Very disappointed is an understatement

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

The doctor was great. After examining my condition and venturing a disgnosis, he suggested a biopsy (new visit required) to confirm. He took the time to answer all my questions, and I had many, and discussed all treatment possibilities and options with me. He was not rushed and I left fully satisfied.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

What are my reasons to see a doctor? I want his/her expertise. That is why I see Dr. Alexis. He is a an expert!!!! I have been his patient for over 3 years now and even if I have to wait a little to be seen, in my opinion, he is worth every minute. He has great bedside manner and he knows what he is doing. I had been loosing my hair for a while and none of the fancy derms even listened to me. He was the only one, who had seen this before and knew what to do. Now it is regrowing! Of course you can make an appointment with some doc in private practice, but there is a reason people chose to wait to see Dr. Alexis!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

Dr. Alexis is knowledgeable, thorough, and sensitive. Great doctor. Practice is in major medical complex at St. Luke's

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

I saw Dr. Alexis for the first time today and I can say he was the best! I have seen several dermatologists in my adult life and he rates the highest. Great bedside manner, patience, takes a thorough history, gives a thorough examination, quite knowledgeable and was the utmost professional. I am going to tell all my friends about him. What I valued the most was his honesty about my condition and the realistic outcomes I could expect. What the office lacks in atmoshpere and ambiance and what the staff lacks in professionalism and appearance, he absolutetly makes up for in expertise, knowledge and professionalism. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

Great doctor who is knowledgable about skin of color. I travelled from Boston to see him once every 3months to get help for my adult acne. He is patient and mannerly.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009

Dr. Andrew Alexis's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1999)