Ratings for Dr. Hassan A. Salih

My son used to go to get the medicine he liked to have.Dr has no concern at all how the patient is doing.my son was abusing depression med with alcohal and his dep was getting worse.He was getting suicidal.But Dr Salih had no concern.Totally greedy and inhuman..Please please never go near him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2013

I took my son to see Dr Salih on Jan 17th 2011. This was 5 days after he got out of Fairfax Detox for drug & alcohol. He died on Jan 25 2011. He was in a 90 day program from July to Oct. He was in the Dr office for less than 15 min and given 4 prescription one was for 120 Valium. Did the Dr go over what the drugs are for and how they work. If so how long did he talk to my son to get a history, ask him anything other than "What drugs do you want?" "Is that all?" "take a look in here" "anything you want to try?" He was in & out less than 15 min. I have been to therapy myself to see Psychiatrist, Psychologist and LCSW and all gave me no less than 45 min...NOT 15 min and 4 prescription...and not a 120 Valium WARNING "unusual risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger;" to someone 5 days out of Detox.. I will never go near this Dr Salih...Signed SME

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

My husband went to see Dr Salih about 1 month ago. He had been having a lot of problems with major depression, anxiety sleeping disorder and looking for help and guidance. He wanted to be happy and live a normal life. He had a lot of issues that were either looked over or not even given the time of day. My husband was told the appointment would cost 150-200 for an hour visit. He was in and out in 10-15 mins. This in no way gave enough time for him to evaluate and treat my husbands conditions at all what so ever as far as I'm concerned. No Dr. can get a propor background history physical or give the time to diagnose properly to be sure any treatment or advice given would not be harmful. He only asked my husband what medications he wanted and sent him on his way ..prescribing a few extra he thought would help him sleep. 5 days later, my husband passed away, at the age of 31 perfectly healthy otherwise. DO NOT SEE THIS DR! This has happened to another pt. of his 4-5 yrs ago

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

salih, is probably one of the nicest and best shrink you will eve talk to . i have kown him5 years .never had complaint or problem . simply put he will help you to his best ability ..

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Excelent dr Has treated me for 12yrs. I have been stable with his med ical guidance and meds.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2009

He asked me how much I weighed and which drug I wanted to try. I was out the door in two minutes. Not helpful at all. Doesn't care about the patients.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2008

We've had a mixed experience with Dr. Salih. On the positive side, when my husband needed to be seen right away as a new patient, he was one of only 2 doctors who called me back (I called 13 in all). He is very accomodating with regard to scheduling. On the negative side, he seems to have a rather haphazard approach to treatment. When the first medication stopped working after 6 months, he asked my husband, "what do you want to try?" and then ended up simply increasing the dosage. Also, as another reviewer noted, his office is no longer filing any insurance claims, because "the insurance companies always deny doctors' claims but give the patients anything they ask for." Translation: "my office assistant is tired of doing this part of the job." Now we have to file our own claims, although summoning the energy or will to deal with the insurance company is beyond the capacity of many chronically depressed patients.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2007

Dr Salih is both helpful and knowledgable and seems very popular among his patients

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

I would speak with him for 5 or 10 minutes, and he would prescribe an Rx for me. He knew nothing about my life or condition. He is a nice guy, but I wish that he would give me a little more time, especially when the insurance company (he NO longer accepts insurance) pays him a decent amount for 5-10 minutes. I just went in there and told him what was wrong with me. No evaluation.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2007

Dr. Hassan A. Salih's Credentials

• Univ Of Baghdad, Coll Of Med, Baghdad, Iraq (Grad. 1958)