Ratings for Dr. Jonathan Marcus

Wait. He is still practicing? He was my family doctor for over 10 years downtown, when one December I got a letter in the mail saying Dr Marcus was retiring from family practice. Since then (I think 4 years now) I've been struggling to find a family doctor I trust. Just a series of walk in docs for this diabetic. Eff you dr Marcus for leaving me in the lurch. I'm shocked to see you are still practicing after that letter of retirement. Shame on you.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2017

Dr. Jonathan Marcus has a worse bed side manner. He is dismissive. He seemed not to care with what I was telling him. I waited in the lobby for 20 minutes, and when I was ushered inside, I wait for almost 30 minutes. He is not worth the wait.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

I met Dr. Jonathan Marcus once at local medical clinic inside Greenwin Plaza, on Bloor Street East at Sherbourne. He insulted me the moment after he tested my wallet and my immigrant status. He told me that for my problems I should find a family doctor. He implicated that he wasn't interested in me to be his patient. He rushed me with questions and he yelled back at me. A truly racist.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Dr. Marcus was very professional and helpful. He listened and quickly address my issues, fears, and provide the care I need. Thanks!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I've had the pleasure to work with Dr. Marcus over the last few weeks, and he is without a doubt, remarkably knowledgeable and focuses on putting the patient first. After every visit with him, I always feel like someone is looking out for my well being.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I've never had the unfortunate circumstance of meeting this Dr. Marcus. Thankfully to all his reviews, I will avoid at all cost. You all who have experienced poor treatment by him and or his staff should write formal complaints to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario in order for your issues to be addressed.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Marcus is so bad I took my time to hunt him down to warn other patients. After reading the other complaints it seems Marcus has a routine to speed through a diagnosis and be dismissive. In my case he told me I had a cold, although a nurse recorded a 38.5 temperature on my file. I had told him I spent the night freezing. My temperature went up to 39 a couple of hours after my appointment. I didn't have any other symptoms so why would he insist it was a cold? He also said it would get better in 4 days when I should return to work. I wanted a fifth day so I would also have the weekend to recover. He was argumentative until I reminded him I work at track level in the subway and it would be dangerous for me to be dizzy beside a subway train. He relented after processing the information outloud while asking some odd question about if I worked weekends. His logic was not apparent to me. Every day as I shivered under a pile of blankets I cursed the "doctor" Marcus. The clinic I met him in has had a mix of doctors over the years, but Marcus was the only one I have ever written a review on because he was inspirationally bad.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

A repulsive human being who is clearly in the wrong business. He swept into the room (late of course) asking questions in a rapid-fire manner. I felt like I was being interrogated! He looked on me with what can only be described as "suspicion" and was condescending and curt. At the end, he said, "you can leave". A shameful, rude little man lacking much bed-side manner.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Avoid, avoid, avoid!!! Waste of time going to see him. I really don't understand why people like him become doctors. He is rude and careless. A complete joke of a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I can also attest to the dismissive attitude to patients. Dr. Marcus' personality seems much better fitted to the financial trading floor than a medical practitioner .

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016