Ratings for Dr. Peter E. Shields

doesnt take messages.Very short with me at appt.Seemed like he thought I was lying about my injury

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

I had seen another orthopedic doctor about a problem several weeks ago and wasn't happy with him. So after the pain got worse, my primary care physician recommended Excelsior. After spending 5 minutes telling Dr. Shields my long story about how I was in terrible pain and could barely walk, he replied, "We don't do second opinions, we're far too busy. Go back to your other doctor." If having seen other doctors is a deal-breaker for them, they should have asked me about that when I made the appointment. Or maybe someone should have read my medical history prior to me arriving in the office, thinking I might finally get some relief, only to be turned away because they are suddenly "too busy" now that they knew I had seen someone else weeks ago. I get the vibe that they are just a large corporate entity more interested in making money than in actually helping people.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

I had a car crush my left ankle and Dr. Shields did a fantastic job of repairing it. Because I was still recovering from that injury and had all my weight on my right ankle I slipped and fell and broke it nearly as bad. The prime thought running through my mind as I lay in the snow covered driveway was that I at least had a doctor to use that I had the utmost confidence in. I would recommend Dr. Peter Shields to any one needing a good bone doctor in a heartbeat. You will find him extremely professional and helpful. I feel lucky that my ankles still work although I have considerable pain in the one with the crushed nerve ending. Not much to do about that but I do have pretty much a range of motion with both ankles that allows me to function pretty well occasionally using a cane to get around. Bones you can fix but nerve endings the size of thread are another matter!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2010

bright, helpful, extremely knowledgable, good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

This doctor was simply the best Ive had. He was very helpful and knowledgeable. Also did an excellent job on the surgery in my shoulder. I would go back to him again in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr. Peter E. Shields's Credentials

• Suny At Buffalo Sch Of Med & Biomedical Sci, Buffalo Ny 14214 (Grad. 1979)