Ratings for Dr. Richard V. Chua

Dr. Chua was the surgeon NW hospital assigned my husband for kyphoplasty and he was the most unfriendly, unhelpful and rude doctor we have ever delt with. He spoke to us as if we were morons, seemed annoyed at having to answer our questions and the day of surgery he took my husband in an hour early- so I had to book it to the hospital to make it there on time to see him before pre-op. After the surgery when we went to his office for the follow up he spoke maybe 3 sentences to us after we had to wait over an hour to see him. When my husband complained of additional pain in his back all he did was order an X-Ray, say there's nothing wrong with the bones, and that was that. Didn't care to do anything else to try and find out the cause of his pain and 7 months later my husband still has pain in the area of where his kyphoplasty was done. We do not recommend this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Amazing doctor, great staff! Dr. Chua performed minimally invasive spinal fusion surgery on me four months ago. I feel so much better! In addition to his technical skills in the operating room, his bedside manner is top notch. He was kind, informative and took the time to answer all of my questions. Thank you Dr. Chua and staff for the wonderful care!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Fantastic job, even years later after surgery, I'm still impressed with his skills.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Excellent neurosurgeon! Very patient, knd and knowledgeable. He explained my herniated disc and severe sciatica problem , along with showing my MRI, in very simple terms. He did my back surgery which turned out perfect. He was at my bedside before my surgery and afterwards. He is a very caring, wonderful, talented neurosurgeon. I give him 10 stars!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I am a doctor who saw 15 different doctors over 9 months including several other neurosurgeons for pain. They all missed the boat and worse yet didn't seem to care. Too busy I guess. Dr. Chua instantly diagnosed the problem and after a microsurgical repair I am thrilled to be back to normal. Can't thank him enough. Suppose that's why in the surgical community he is considered the best in Southern Arizona.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

I researched many many doctors for back surgery. The doctor I wanted was not available however Dr. Chua was in the same practice. After a couple of visits, I found out that Dr. Chua actually performed back surgery on the doctor I was hoping to use. I must say, the surgery went far better than I ever would have hoped. I went in Friday at noon. Dr. Chua actually visited me early on Sunday morning and released me. It has been 2 years since the surgery. I am in the best shape of my life and more physically active than I have ever been. Thank you Dr. Chua and staff.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

This neurosurgeon is exceptional. A skilled surgeon that exceeds expectations in very specialized back surgery. In my situation, the spinal cord was opened and a fusion was performed. This is not a simple procedure but a procedure that requires intellect, skill, ability to refine upon changes in conditions and compassionate care. I was completely convinced that Dr. Chua would provide me with the best and most competent care. He is considered one of the most competent surgeons in the country and deserves such praise.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2011

Have had consistent upper back and neck pain since the surgery. Was told (after months of narcotics) that "this is just the way it is for some people." I must admit the pain is less than before the surgery, but, I was told before the operation that it was all going to be like it never existed before, except for miinor limited neck motion. I Can not help but wonder if I should have done more research. It was not made perfectly clear to me that his assistant in training would be doing the operation (statement based on the explanation of benefits and billing from Blue Cross). In the end not a good experience.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

Dr. Chua was extremely knowledgeable and offered many option other than surgery for my herniated disc problem in the upper spine. I chose to have the surgery and feel that the procedure was done very well. Recovery was as described and any issues were immediately addressed. Dr. Chua and his staff were helpful with any questions and when not immediately available were prompt with return calls and assistance. This rating coming from a patient that experienced nerve issues after surgery should speak for itself. Dr. Chua was up to date with the treatments and options that he offered.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

I have been through multiple procedures and have had alot of physicians. Dr. Chua took the time to explain and make me feel comfortable. Allowed me to ask the questions and he answered them showing pictures and explaining in detail. Never felt uncomfortable and always felt I could question anything without getting attitude back. I am now going back since I have new problems and would like only the best to handle.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

Dr. Richard V. Chua's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)