Ratings for Dr. M. ISHWARA Bhat

The WORT Doctor I have Ever met in my Entite Life!! I would rate him a 0 if possible! From the first appointment he was awful! We have seen him at least 6 times, probably more. My Husband was suffering from Severe chest pains and thought it was a Heart Attack. We ended up at the ER 3 times in two weeks. They couldn’t figure out what was wrong. We scheduled with the Cardiologist immediately after the first ER visit. But took a while to get in. During he first appointment he told us we were a Charity case. Over and over! Because my Husband is Curently unemployed and I signed him up for Medicaid. Dr. Bhat said he’s only going to see us because he wants to help but that he gets paid only change on the dollar for our appointment. He made it very clear that seeing us was an inconvenience. He put my husband on a Beta Blocker. He’s 32. We questioned being on that instead of a diuretic. He became very aggravated. He told us not to question him. I asked in he next appointment if once my husbands bp was stable if he would be able to be weened off the meds. He again told us not to ask questions. He said he went to college for like ?years and spent Thousands and Thousands on schooling. Then he Proceeded to ask my Husband if he went to college. Then degraded my husband completely!! Dr Bhat asked what he had done for a job. Then the jerk turned to me and asked what I did. When I replied I do commercial cleaning he told me that he has a Hispanic cleaning lady... then was like “oh, ya we respect them too” He told us we needed to not ask any questions and just trust him. That we needed to get to the top of the mountain then ask questions. He also kicked me out of our first appointment because I brought our 4yr old with us. She was talking and he told me to leave the room with her. In Every appointment he has told us that we are a charity case. He told us that no other cardiologist would even take us with Medicaid. He ordered labs for my husband before his next appointment. My husband wasn’t able to get in and have them done before the day of his appointment. He called in the morning and told he receptionist. He asked about rescheduling the appointment because he had to go that morning and do labs. She told him that it would be fine. That hey would have the results for his appointment that was at 1pm. So my husband drove 40 mins her in he morning for labs then again in the afternoon for his appointment. Dr Bhat came in the room and then when he realized the labs weren’t in he scolded my husband and told him he was waiting his time. I have seen many many doctors! I have seen an Endocrinologist and a few general doctors for me... I’ve seen a Neurologist and a few General doctors for my Son... A ENT and few General doctors for my Daughter.... And I have NEVER EVER met a Doctor that was so Arrogant, Crule, Dissrespectful in my Entire Life!!! From the very first appointment! We never argued with him. We simply asked basic questions!! Like what caused the infection on the sack around his heart... Why would his Bp be so high... Does Salt effect it... why he chose that medication to prescribe as opposed to a diuretic... will he be able to ween off the med... It’s our right to ask those questions! It’s my Husbands Body. Not Dr. Bhat’s. But apparently that is not acceptable. The Receptionist is also not friendly. She was annoyed when I asked for a copy of his labs. Like it was hard to do.... My Husband said she was rude every time he’s made an appointment. ALSO they use wrist cuffs to take BP. I found out from the Pharmacy when I went to purchase one that those are less accurate. So my question is then why on Earth would a Cardiologist use that in his office to take your blood pressure when he’s treating you for High Blood Pressure???? The Next appointment is going to be recorded on my phone! I’m reporting him. I really tried to just blow off he first few appointments but when he Degraded my Husband and ME... that made me mad. And once again I tried to just swallow that one too and smile... but it continued. I am done. We will be getting a Different Cardiologist but not till I record the way he treats his patients.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Very uncomfortable, unprofessional, and humiliating experience. Would never recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

went to dr. bhat with what seemed like a serious heart problem. he changed my heart meds. and now im fine. he and his staff were friendly and helpful and made sure i always understood what was going on.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

I do not care for Dr. Bhat and I am currently looking for a new doctor. the first visit afetr getting out of the hosptial was ridiclous, in and out of the room never saying anything.. I start to talk and he leaves again..Not impressed.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Seems like a great doctor. He has helped my mother in law a lot over the years with her heart condition.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

haveing one previous heart attack in 2005 and after seeing him about chest pains,and being hospitalized again and given "clean bill of health"3 months later had major heart attack,once he found out i had no inssurance,he spent less than 5 min.when releast,refused to refill any RX`s or see me untill the whole hospital bill was paid,3 months later major heart attack.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

he is ok but new to me.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr. M. ISHWARA Bhat's Credentials

• Mysore Med Coll, Mysore Univ, Mysore, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Niles, MI