Ratings for Dr. Carol G. Ryan

Dr Carol Ryan was wonderful when I went to see her. I needed and MRI on my head due to an area they wanted to re check for a tumor. She was on it!! She even had my appt with a neoroligist set up before I left the office. She was nice and very professional. If you don't like to wait in a drs office idk what to tell you. Most offices you wait usually at least a half hour sometimes more. I think she is a nice lady and good dr.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

She prescribed a benzodiazepine, got me hooked,and then stopped prescribing because she was in trouble with the state watchdogs. She is NOT someone you want to be in charge of your well-being.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

Dr Ryan is definitely the worst doctor I have ever met. She literally screamed at me when I pointed out that she should not be sharing my personal medical history with her husband. I think she needs a psychiatrist because she obviously has mental issues. I would not recommend her to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

I first went to her when she bought my doctor's practice. Her husband was working for her even though he was not a nurse but a teacher. When he found out that I homeschooled my children he become very nasty. I began discussing this with him when she came in and threw myself and my young son who had strep throat out. She refused to treat him. Several years later when we were purchasing a house, it came to our attention that she had put a "slow pay" flag on our credit report from a bill from our old doctor. It had taken the insurance company 2 months to pay our old doctor. Dr Ryan had to go back through several years of old files to even find this. Horrible experience. Her husband was doing a job he was not qualified for and her daughter who was the receptionist was rude .

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Each and every month my daughter had to see her for her anxiety refill. Every month it cost $42 to get a refill, that was the first red flag, stated she could not issue multiple refills. When she was suspended all of a sudden she could issue multiple refills to my daughter, of course once the suspension went through the pharmacy would not honor the rest of the refills. Refills were for six months, she could have done this in the beginning but it was all about getting the cash. That makes her a quack, drug lord, what ever you want to call it. Not respectful of a physician to rake you for the money. No excuse Dr. Ryan, your license should stay suspended forever.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

I don't know why everybody is negative toward Dr. Carol Ryan. She was Very Nice , Professional, and as Helpful as she could be with me. I kept having chronic pain in my jaw area and severe headaches. That poor Dr. did everything she could to make me as comfortable as possible. She couldn't find the source of my pain because she's a Medical Dr. not a Dentist. She sent me to an Oral Surgeon and I found out I suffer from T.M.J. and Arthritis in both joints on both sides of my mouth. Needless to say I'm very grateful to her for trying to help me. Just because she appears to be old fashioned and has old equipment doesn't make her in competent. All doctor have a waiting time. They have Emergencies !! How would you like it if they were doing surgery on you and dropped everything because they had an Appt. with someone else in their office. I like Dr. Ryan and Always Will be Thankful to her. If you read this Dr. Ryan, Thank You So Much for Everything. Gina Scholz I live in Tn or youd be my DR

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

She is a quack. When I went there I waited for 1 and a half hours to be seen. Everyone who was there was there to get refills on their Xanax or weight loss pills (aka speed) and were talking openly about it. I felt like I was at a methadone clinic or drug dealer's house more than at a Dr.'s office. Someone needs to shut this woman down. I have heard she flat out asks people "What do you want?" and then gives it to them. And the person who said she is very old fashioned and unknowledgeable is 100% correct. The equipment in their offices looks like it is from the 1950's, and yes the receptionist is beyond grouchy. Once I went back I waited 20 minutes for her to look up my medicine in a drug handbook to see if it had any interactions with other medications. I've heard she knows a WHOLE LOT about Xanax though!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

I went to Dr. Ryan three times and all three times, it was a complete waste. She didn't help one bit and in fact, was far less knowledgeable than I was. The last time I went, I sat in the waiting room for 57 minutes after my appointment time. I was there well over an hour since I'd arrived early. No one else was even around for the last 45 minutes after the person in front of me went. The grouchy receptionist went through and turned off most of the lights and I couldn't even hear anyone. I was starting to wonder if I should wander around to look for someone or if they had forgotten about me and gone home when Dr. Ryan finally came out. That was definitely my last appointment. She didn't even deserve the second or third visits because the first proved she was incompetent. She is very old fashioned and not very well educated, unfortunately. I cannot say a single positive thing about her. I left in tears and still in pain from a chronic work injury. Finally, I easily got help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

A great listener...very concerned. Up to date on new medications and treatments. Very honest...doesn't hold back. Great service.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Was nice. Gave me medication that did not help symptoms - called and left msgs for two days about if a further appointment was needed or if she had any further suggestions and no one has returned my call. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

Dr. Carol G. Ryan's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)