You may also like

Disabled Veteran Refered to Dr James Hawkins, because no one at the va could treat me. I take 30mg of percocet and morphine. He told me to take an anti-inflammatory. Can't Walk When I went in. Can't Walk Now He did absolutley nothing. The level of care provided to me was absolutely zero. Bedside Manner Horrible. Receptionists talking about you in Spanish behind your back and laughing. So basically the staff makes fun of the patients with deformities. He seemed more worried about how he was going to get paid than providing just basic care. Seemed to me to have the "God" complex. Be careful with this guy it is just a matter of time before his negligence really hurts someone.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2014

Dr.Hawkins was my second Orthopedic Surgeon to see, before having surgery on my left knee for a torn menicsus.His staff is very helpful and friendly,overall it was a good experience ,I had no doubts with Dr.Hawkins.I would recommend him to anyone looking for an Orthopedic Surgeon!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

My husband and I were new to AZ he had hurt his back before we moved here from Wisc.,we needed an Orthopedic Dr. fast and found Dr. Hawkins,he was very knowledgeable,kind,down to earth,and compassionate,he treated and allowed my husband a voice in his own care and treatment never once pushing surgery or expensive treatments.My husband eventually did need surgery after trying all other conservative methods of treatments as of today he is doing excellent!!I would recommend Dr. Hawkins to anyone looking for a great Orthopedic Dr.Working in the medical field for 28 yrs. as a nurse I am truly thankful we found Dr.Hawkins!It took a while before we got in to see him,wait times can be long b/c of double books,but he definitely is a Dr. you would want to see if looking for a good Orthopedic Specialist!!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

James S. Hawkins, MD is the most thorough spine surgeon I have been to. He took his time and explained all the issues. He is very kind, warm and responsive to my situation. i would recommend him to all.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

Dr. James S. Hawkins's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Disabled Veteran Refered to Dr James Hawkins, because no one at the va could treat me. I take 30mg of percocet and morphine. He told me to take an anti-inflam..."

December 5, 2014