Ratings for Dr. Robert T. Spector

Dr Spector was a gift to us from the Lord. Our 5year old son was diagnosed with a brain tumor and had surgery, radiation and chemotherapy. Most all of the tumor is gone. He will need many years of follow up for the cancer. He was left with a large pupil his right eye looked to his ear and his eyelid fell. When we initially went for a consultation time was given for all our questions. Dr spector's exam was different for sure. My son was given a space gun to fire a laser target around the exam room. My son fell in love and doctor Spector said he obtained a great deal of information. Who does these things? At the end of the physical we were shown the MRIs of his brain tumor. Dr Spector then displayed a diagram of nerves telling us which ones caused my don's deficits. He laid out a plan for us which included Understanding the need for staging surgeries. At the end he dictated a summary of the consultation and received a copy a few days later. My husband and I were encouraged to seek other opinions. We did not want to tell him he was our fourth second opinion. But truly he was our only clear cut opinion. Over the next year we took the three stages on. Dr Spector was with our family through the entire time. We could not have gone though this without him. Our neuro surgeon was correct, this is the man. I corrected him, he is an angel.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

My daughter and I were in an a car accident in the evening. She is 4 years old and was strapped into her car seat. Another car ran a light and hit our side. Glass flew into the car and cut both of us. Her left eye was cut through the clear part. Dr Spector came into the ER and took hold of our problem. My daughter was examined and the doctor spoke to me and my husband about how serious her eye injury was. That night was the first of three surgeries to fix her vision. The last surgery was a cornea transplant. She is wearing a special contact lens but her vision is as perfect as the right eye. Dr Spector and the nurses did not ever give up but made my girl back to normal. He is wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2010

I heard about this doctor through two two doctors. I have been been unable to see with both eyes since I had an auto accident six years ago. Dr. Spector took time with me and found the problem that many others did not. I am able to now see well enough to pass my driving test. I had eye surgery and a month later I was driving and feeling much less depressed.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2009

I was referred to Dr. Spector because my son had a brain tumor and lost vision. He took the time to explain Tom's problem and started us on a "road to recovery". My husband and I were in his office while he pewrsonally arranged for tesrt and other consultations. He is a humanitarian. God bless him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

This MD is not full of himself but would be entitled to be. He has a great knowledge of his specialty and will refer you when necessary to a very good specialist. He doesn't leave you u7ntil you understand the problem and possible outcomes. Marcus Welby has come to CT.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2008

Dr. Robert T. Spector's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve Univ Sch Of Med, Cleveland Oh 44106 (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Meriden, CT