Ratings for Dr. JAMES Camel

Excellent surgeon and great human being. Treated my daughter for severe appendicitis.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Extremely pleased with the overall manner in which Dr. Camel and his staff handled my hernia operation.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

Overall I am pleased with Dr. Camel. He didn't say much the first time I met with him when I had my actual procedure, but he was polite and seemed knowledgeable. He seemed more friendly at my post-op a week later. Office was clean and modern. My procedure was done under a local in the office and it hurt a lot. One note...both times I saw him I waited over two hours. 1.5 hours in the waiting room (good thing they had coffee!) and another half hour in the procedure room. Very long wait, but nice, to-the-point doctor.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

I have used Dr. Camel for 3 different surgeries and he has been fantastic all 3 times. He knows what he is doing. Very little scaring and takes good care of his patients. Appointment and follow-up appointment wait time is very quick. I would recommend and have recommended him to all my friends. You won't find a better surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

During the past year, Dr. Camel has performed surgery on me for two unrelated conditions. Including the pre- and post-operative appointments, I have seen him about 10 times. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to him. He is "top notch": competent, empathetic, and a wonderful communicator. I have never felt rushed in any of my appointments. His office is efficient and friendly. I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes to see him. He is excellent.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

Dr. Camel took care of my laparoscopic gallbladder operation. He was superb. He made a quick diagnosis after seeing my charts and tests and took me out of six months of misery. His work in surgery was outstanding and I was back at work the next day. He might seem a bit shy and reserved in the inital meeting but at the hospital, he turned on the bedside manner and knew how to calm his patient down.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

Because of the extent of my illness I see many different doctors, Dr Camel is one of the top two. He's very friendly and down to earth putting you at ease right away. (He is the only one that I felt comfortable and safe enough to discuss/explain about a traumatic experience that I had gone through.) Even though some of my symptoms were outside of his field of expertise he was helpful in setting up appt.'s with doctors that do specialize in those areas as well as any tests that needed to be run. I will reccomend him to any of my friends/relatives should they need his area of expertise!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

the office was busy, but moved quickly. He was very nice and answered all questions. He is not in my PPO, so I had to go to someone else. I wish he was in my PPO

flag | Submitted May 31, 2008

Dr. JAMES Camel's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1988)