Ratings for Dr. Kenneth A. Essig

Horrific dr. I gave him 3 chances and he failed all 3. I was referred to him by another dr. as being a great surgeon for my kidney stones. Had 2 with 1 being to large to pass. He disagreed with my dr. and said I would pass them myself. I passed 1 with all the pain that goes with it. And his staff was rude. Not even a hello! Do yourself a favor and do not call him for medical help!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

This Dr. did not explain to me as to what surgery he was going to perform on me, he also did not monitor me weekly while the ureter stent was in me . Also I had a cat scan done at the emergency room one week prior to my stent removal, this doctor ordered a KUB which is an X-ray, this doctor tried to lie to me and wanted the stent to be in one more week he lied and said I needed to repeat the surgery and have a new stent placed in for another 3 wks. Thankfully I went into his office with the correct information, so that he couldn't BS me, I had Medicaid insurance, I feel this doctor was trying to milk the system and give me needless surgery at the expense of the taxpayers !

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Saw dr essig at his office in Clermont fl. Worst dr i have EVER had. Closed his office here and slinked out of town. No notice, no records, just not there when i had my scheduled appointment. Local surg ctr hated him. He never was on time. I had 3 appointments and 1 outpatient proceedure that he was at least a half hour late for each. 2.5 hour late for lithotripsy. Find someone else !!!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Did a bladder cancer surgery on me in Orlando. Sent me home with infections. Tried to call the office, staff would not put call through. Went to hospital because I could not pee. Three weeks later he closed his office and said find someone else. He never did bcg therapy that could have stopped the cancer. Now it is terminal. If you want to live do not let this butcher cut on you. Went to a new urologist for emergency appointment and Dir a scope. He says there is no evidence of any surgery. Such a fraud.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

He's the best no doubt. He preformed a quick outpatient surgery on me earlier today, he was very helpful, I would like for him to me my long time urologist for sure.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

To my experience Dr. Essig was absolutely the best of doctors, wise, caring, available, and knowledgeable. I had prostate cancer and Dr. Essig's treatment has extended and saved my life. I can hardly believe the one negative comment another person has written, except to say that the body is not always easily diagnosed like a computer, and in the end, doctor's treat but God alone cures. One person wrote of prescription difficulties; that sounds like problems with modern pharmacies and computer transmission. I always received my Rx immediately at the office, and then it was filled within the hour at CVS. Personally and truthfully, I rate Dr. Essig as the best urologist anywhere.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

Dr. Essig misdiagnosed my mother's bladder cancer, until it was way too late. His bedside manner is terrible too. Arrogant and uncaring. Please beware of this doctor. And that title gives him too much credit.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

Dr. Essig did a surgery for me and messed up discharge papers completely.. After trying to resolve the problem with his staff he constantly hid behind them when I wanted to speak with him... I am still having symptoms after surgery and will be going to another urologist.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Something is not right. I think I may have been misdiagnosed? Staff is ok and Dr seemed ok, but not great. It is a strange feeling to walk out of the office and not have confidence in the doctor and diagnoses. I am going to seek a second opinion.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Horrible experiences. I say experiences because my husband always is one to give the benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately this only worked against him. Dr. Essig was always late, by over an hour to even getting to the office. Staff horrific! Took 5 weeks to get a prescription. Lied to 4 times, by saying "it is in the mail" Mailing a prescription ??? Some of the staff looked down right dirty wearing old t-shirts and tattoos. Office wasn't clean either. If you can get to a different urologist, I suggest you go.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Dr. Kenneth A. Essig's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Top Hospitals in Winter Haven, FL