Dr. Shanker Sundrani

Ratings for Dr. Shanker Sundrani

Does not know what he is doing. Horrible pt outcomes. I would never go with him or let anyone I know go with him, even if he was the only surgeon in El Paso. Do not risk your life.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

Dr Sundrani fused my L4,L5 about 10 years ago and was able to do sports again. I recently had to have my S1 fused and waited for the insurance to approve Dr. Sundrani. I would not have another Dr touch my back. THANK YOU Dr Sundrani & staff!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Really bad doctor, my dad had two back surgeries in a period of 3 months, and dr wanted to a third one right after the 2nd!. After these surgeries my dad was in a horrrible pain for a year. We saw another doctor, my dad had his 3rd surgery with this new doctor NOT Sundrani and finally got better. Totally Different experience! Don’t let Dr Sundrani do anything to you or your loved one!!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

He has performed 2 lumbar surgeries on me. The one on March 3rd of last year had issues and didn't go well. April 7th was the 2nd and he fixed everything! His office staff is horrible, and they rotate very often as they are always quitting on him. He is a triple MD and is etremely knowledgeable. I wish his staff were better.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I went in to see Dr. Sundrani to repair my herniated disks. Everything was going alright until the day of the surgery. The day of the surgery, he found that there was actually more herniated disks than what he thought. However that wasn't the problem. The problem was that when I woke up from the surgery I had lost all movement. control, and sensation in my leg. He did not seem to care. He did not come see me in the hospital. He never addressed my leg situation. I had to go to my primary doctor, and he is the one who sent me to therapy and to have a leg brace. I went back to see Sundrani and he still did not seem to care. All he did was remove my staples and that was it. When I asked him about my leg he said it would get all movement, control , and feeling in about six months to 1 year, maximum 2 years. (It's been six years so far). I went back to visit him after the six months and he STILL did not seem to care. He was completely unhelpful. I would definitely not recommend.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Was in the border of death and i had surgery by him and saved my life ... :)

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

Dr. Sundrani's staff is the most unprofessional staff that I have ever dealt with. I would NOT recommend this doctor to my worst enemy and will be reporting him to the American Medical Board.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

Dr. Sundrani was the neurosurgeon at the El Paso trauma center when my wife was taken there for a traumatic brain injury. This doctor inspired a lot of confidence in his knowledge and ability. He was very professional, very honest and very competent. We could not have asked for better care.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

Dr.Sundrani was honest with me ,he told me to go to a bigger city for the type of tumor i had .I did but could not get my surgery quick enough in a bigger city ,so i went back with worst symptoms since the first time i saw him and immediately scheduled me for surgery .I know he saved me from becoming paralized.if you would have waited i wouldnt be able to walk. I highly recommend him. He does seem to forget who you are but hes really good at what he does. So to you Dr. Sundrani ,THANK YOU!!!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2008

I do not do the fusion because the hospital do not give me the proper equipment that what dr. sundrani tell me when I wake up after surgery.He just cut me and get the money some other doctor has to do a re-do the right way and ethic.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008

Dr. Shanker Sundrani's Credentials

• Sn Med Coll, Agra Univ, Agra, Up, India (Grad. 1977)

AHC