Ratings for Dr. Kaiuwe Lewandrowski

RUN the other way! DO NOT let him touch you! He's incompetent, his staff is awful/clueless. He yelled at me saying ex-rays showed I've healed, that I'm not in pain, that I'm mentally ill and severely depressed & would refer me to another surgeon. Went back 4 months later w/new ex-rays, & nicely said "I know ex-rays say I've healed & shouldn't be in pain. I am in pain (severe high dose of pain meds) & I'd like to take you up on your offer of referring me to another surgeon".. He's reply, "Um, I can't because you haven't healed". Which is it Doc? 2nd surgery was ALIF, going in from the front. Due to my pelvis being tilted back 8 inches, a good surgeon would have closed me up and come up with another plan. Due to complications it was a 6 hrs surgery. After 6 hr surgery all he told me the next day was "walk and fa*t", never explained what happen, sent me home day after surgery. Only reason I know of complications is vascular surgeon came in to check on me and explained all that happen, she was NOT impressed with his work, or how he treated her. I have 4 screws, titanium plate, and rubber disk are free floating, screws are NOT screwed into anything. If a patient doesn't heal, or complains of pain, he blames patient not his work. I've seen him do that to other's while in waiting room, and I am a victim to his unethical services! REAL quality surgeon's despise him as he leaves patients in worse shape than before surgery! He kept telling me he had to remove screws from 1st surgery, that if they are left in, it will affect disks above them.. LIE, screws are NOT removed. He removes them to get more money from your insurance! I could go on forever, his actions are that bad! Thank God I know have Dr. Stephen Curtin from Tucson Orthopedics, they confirmed I've been butchered! My ex-rays and his medical notes make no sense, all contradicting to what ex-reays show. Go to Tucson Ortho if you want real care and real Dr.'s! I've never written a review on a Dr., but this man needs to be stopped. I am in the process of doing so! He's fraudulent, meaning bills insurance co for procedures not done, hoping you won't notice. Worse, he performs surgeries that do NOT need to be done. My insurance dropped him & denied his appeal, that how fraudulent he is. Please do not go here!! Do NOT let him touch you!! Please, if you continue to search, you'll find a site that has over 35 reviews, all the bad reviews are TRUE!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I have had two back surgrys he said he was going to coterize my nerves lower back and just below my neck. He said I have a tear in my spineal cord he never took care of my last vist to see how the neck surgry went he did not look at the x-rays hev took he sat down and told me to go see a artrituse specalist and if I have any problems to come back. I am in my late 30s I have so much pain in my lower back that now goese down in my hips. I try taking an oxy but that does not even touch the pain. There are nights I am in so much pain I can't sleep p

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

My name is Jim. I have had Dr. Kai-Uwe Lewandrowski do three surgeries on my back at different locations over the last six years. He has always been very responsive to my needs, he usually is able to see me within a week not three or four weeks like scheduling with most doctors would be. I would certainly recommend him to anyone who has a back problem. Jim T

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

I received no help from him. My MRI's ALL said stenosis,etc,indicating I needed a laminectomy, he said I needed a hip replacement!!!! I wish I had a doctor that took the time to read my MRI reports. They ALL said they never heard 2 legs hurting!! All my symptoms showed a laminectomy was needed.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

He totally messed up my lower back when he did my spinal fusion. He knew after 3 months the surgery was a failure and he talked about doing another surgery (and, this into 3 months post surgery). To anyone even thinking of having him do any surgery on you, RUN and run as fast as you can away from him. He left my lower back completely unstable and me in more pain that I had prior to him doing the fusion on me. PLEASE - do NOT let him touch you!!! When I look back, I wish someone had warned me about him -- so, people, this is your warning from me to you (stay away from him),

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

DR. Lewandrwoski perfomed several surgeries on my husband and one on myself. All with positive result, and continued relief. I have recommended riends who have had tremendous relief from their long time back problems. I personally would not hesitate to continue to recommend him and would never consider another Doctor to do any spinal surgery one me. As for his staff there are not enough words to describe the consistantly high level of service and caring that they display.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

His nurse assistant, Susan, was very good. She took time to fully explain queries. Otherwise, the staff was LESS than helpful. Appointments were changed, and wait time up to two hours. Dr Lewandrowski seemed to have necessary knowledge, but didn't spend adequate time with his patient, my wife. The spinal surgery was partially effective, but the pain she suffers post-op was inadequately addressed. He was highly recommended, but I would not be able to rate him above 3-4.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Dr. Lewandrowski operated on my father last year, My father was 82 years old at the time. He had diabetic neuropathy numbness and tingling in his legs and feet. The doctor operated and fussed my fathers lower back. The surgery went very well and my father is doing alot better. My father still has foot pain but nothing like before. we are very greatful to Dr. Lewandrowski for helping my father in time of need. I recommed him and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

I didn't get a chance to find out if he was any good. He came highly recommended, but I only saw him once. He diagnosed me with a herniated disc and said he would schedule me for a steriod injection and and treat with medication and physical therapy. That was the last I heard of him. His staff was rude, dismissive uncaring and would not return my phone calls. The absolute worst treatment I have ever received. When they finally did get back to me, I was told by his Medical Assistant that he was refering me out. Seems like he is a good doctor, but you would bever know by his staff.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Are we talking about the same doctor??? He gave me a block w/o sedation that had me screaming in pain and talked about replacing my hip based on NOTHING!!I find this incredible to believe that this is the same doctor I thought was semi insane. I don't know what to think now, are these real reviews??

flag | Submitted April 21, 2009