Ratings for Dr. Carla A. Werner

She's always been very good at listening and taking into consideration my concerns. It's not easy to find a doctor who really listens.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I had been seeing Dr. Werner since I was a child. As a child, I was frequently prescribed things like Zyrtec for common colds, (Zyrtec seems to be Dr. Werner's M.O.) It was always Zyrtec, Zyrtec, Zyrtec for everything. She even prescribed me an inhaler once because I had some mucous build up and some trouble breathing when I was sick once. I don't have asthma. As much as I want to love dr Werner because I've been seeing her for so long, it's time to go. They staff at Deaconess is so not helpful. I have had worse experiences there ever since she moved over to Deaconness. I have asked her several times for referrals for BC implants and her nurse NEVER sends them to me. I even called once and they told me they'd call me back. Still haven't heard from them. I am also moving on to someone who doesn't imply that I've gained too much weight and doesn't offer advice or a solution or a plan. Like DUH I'm going into college and have gained a little weight I was sensitive about. Haven't been back and don't really recommend, sadly. :/

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I went to Dr Werner in April of this year for a yearly physical. I have called several times asking for results and I still don't have them after 2 months. I am also running low on some of my medications and asked for refills and here I am a week and a half later without my refills. I really wish I had read the reviews before I made an appointment with this office.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I had been going to Dr Werner for years, just for my yearly physicals. I don't have any medical issues really. I usually just get regular blood test and flu shots. She forgot my flu shot one year, I went back and they gave it to me, no problem. But this year they forgot the flu shot again, I went back they were refusing to give it to me. The staff said they had to verify with the doctor. Fair enough, I asked them to call or text her for verification. The staff lied to me and said they didn't have contact information for the doctor! I was instantly pissed being lied to. They then double down on the lie, until the office manager came, because I would not accept the lies. He realized that I was not buying the BS they serving and got a nurse to issue the flu shot. They wanted me to wait in the office for 45-50 minutes until she finished her lunch. They were going to waste my time with their error & lied to my face. This year since the confrontation, they charged my insurance twice as much as I usually pay each year.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

I concur; run, do not walk away from this office. On my first visit to Dr. Werner, I requested a referral to a chiropractor. She asked me if I have had a CAT scan or MRI. I said that all I need is an occasional chiropractic adjustment. I made several follow up calls to Melissa, her nurse, who never returned a call regarding the delay in getting this referral. It has been 7 weeks, with no referral. I had a follow-up visit with Dr. Werner after 5 weeks of waiting and informed her of the problem. They had lost my records, and the list of prescriptions that I had supplied at my first visit. I was assured they would all be on the look out for these records. I made a visit to the office to inquire about the referral. The receptionist checked on the status, and I was told I did not need a referral. This was incorrect information. Two days ago, I made a visit to supply another written list of medications for refill, advising that I would be totally out of Nexium today. No response.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

While the doctor spent quite a bit of time with us, there was no follow up on important issues. Once the visit is over, if you want to be proactive and reach the nurse or doctor, it's fruitless. No returned calls and the staff genuinely seems to not care.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

i was a patient for 4 years and she did well for the most part but only because i saw specialists for my real issues and her for follow up & rx's for hormone replacement... she actually fired me for calling the office crying in pain after getting the run around by her new staff after moving to deaconess... dr werener is less than empathetic. she does not return calls and has staff that is under trained. she overbooks her time and runs around ragged. she does not take the time to get the the root of an issue and only throws an rx at you. i would never trust her with my kids. this is no place to get good medical care... runnnnnnn

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

I wish I had read these reviews before I wasted 2 & 1/2 hours of my day sitting in her office. Usually first visits take longer so the Dr can get to know you and answer questions. When I finally got to see her she spent less than five minutes with me. She looked over the paperwork I had filled out and asked me about a current medication I was taking (a schedule 2) and acted like I was there to score drugs. Then that was it, she left the room and sent her nurse back with a written prescription for the meds that she obviously didn't want to prescribe me and for which I told her that I did not even need at the time. She did not once ask me if I had any questions or concerns.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

I went to Carla when my daughter was only two months old because she was I thought she had a cold. She had a bit of a runny nose and that was all. This being my first child I was worried. Carla told me she had allergies and prescribed her zyrtec. About four hours after taking her first dose my daughter couldn't breathe and had extreme amounts of mucous coming out of her nose. I used the nasal aspirator but it kept coming and I felt she wasn't getting adequate air supply. We went to the emergency room where the doctor told me he had never heard of anyone younger than a year being prescribed zyrtec and she had prescribed my daughter way too much and her reaction was that of an OVERDOSE!!!! This lady is crazy! BEWARE!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

Dr. Werner allowed me a whole 10 minutes for appt. Decided she knew more than neurosurgeon and pain management specialist so she decreased my pain meds. Month later meds needed refilled. She REFUSED...even when new pain dr instructed her to refill enough to get me thru till I saw him. I never got my lab results (even though I was instructed to call for them). NEVER received return calls as promised. RUN, don't walk, AWAY FROM THIS SO-CALLED doctor! Lacks knowledge, compassion, or following thru with referrals, etc. Only person I'd send to her for treatment would be Osama Bin Laden!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Dr. Carla A. Werner's Credentials

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Qualchoice