Ratings for Dr. Ibrahim M. Hegab

When I saw Dr Hegab several years ago he laughed in my face and said " you must be crazy " after describing my symptoms. At a MRI follow up appointment he said all issues were from depression, and after inquiring about my religion, he told me to let go of my "Catholic guilt". He followed that with a botox recommendation for my worry line. Another doctor diagnosed Lyme Disease months later.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Treated my husband in serious emergency. Was kind and determined to accurately diagnose and treat. Made us feel like he was 100% focused on my husbands well-being. Professional and very competent.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

The only neuro in town who is a real human being and cares. He is smart and keeps up with the latest things but also speaks in layman terms so you dont feel uncomfortable. He is a life saver.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

He was very good until he stopped responding to messages or returning calls the last year or so, even in urgent/emergent situations. He has also allowed his office staff to set up a babysitting nursery so the office looks like a daycare center now, not professional at all.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

He has treated me well. He acts on emails promptly and sometimes responds directly. Agreed staff could be better. Most of them do the best then can. Agree with another reviewer about needing an office manager.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

Excellent physician. Very knowledgeable and allows my input while designing treatment plan. Great sense of humor and excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr.Hegab was the worst! He caused me to pay a lot of money and didn't fix the problem. He began to talk to me like I owel him something but clearly I don't. Everytime you call the staff says we will give him your message a week can go by and he still won't call you back. I am still in so much pain and he acts like whatever my problem not his. Please save yourself from this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I was misdiagnosed. Said I was looking for attention. He told my husband this. My husband watched me carefully to see if this was the case. This could have risked a weaker relationship. When the test results came back, Dr Quack said oh you must not be crazy. Office staff are incompetent! Constant phone calls are never returned. Messages and requests to the doctor are never delivered. They act like they are on break all the time.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

This dr HURT ME!!!be very careful of him...I went to this practice for 7yrs & he stuck a needle in my neck & damaged a nerve that has made my head burn for over two yrs.i am suffering beyond belief and have gone to UVA hospital & found out that I have to have my nerve decompressed.i have lost all of my beautiful hair on the top of my head bc of this dr.i have no life anymore & live in the fetal position in my bed everyday..be aware of who you trust with your health!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

Very knowledgeable and great teacher/explains diagnosis to patient and teaches any lifestyle changes that will help. Makes sure pt undersrands dx.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Dr. Ibrahim M. Hegab's Credentials

• Univ Of Cairo, Fac Of Med, Cairo, Egypt (330-02 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1997)

Commercial Insurance Company