You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth K. Ellis

My son is continuing to decline under Dr. Ellis' treatment for severe ulcerative colitis.. I am very worried, but Dr. Ellis does not seem to be. A little too dismissive for me.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

One of the Worst Doctor I have seen for ulcerative colitis.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

So I'm not sure if this would be Dr. Ellis' fault but since it's his name on the door, I'll place the blame there. Five years ago, I went to Dr Ellis for a colonoscopy. The follow up was non-existent. I mean that they DID NOT FOLLOW UP. Only recently did I learn from Dr Ellis that everything was okay.So that brings me to my recent procedure, an upper endo. After the procedure, I was told that I had Barrett's Esophagus. That was it. No explanation about treatments (RFA), no indication of the severity and NO FOLLOW UP!!! Won't be going back there!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Dr. Ellis is knowledgable and personable. He has been my doctor for years, and I would not switch. However, the staff is less than average. It takes forever to get through by phone to make an appointment, sometimes a couple of days. When you call with a billing question, the phone is never answered, and no one bothers to call back. The same with trying to get your prescription. It takes days to get someone to speak with you. Also, you have to pay everything up front and hope you get reimbursed. Again, it is difficult to deal with the billing department. Again, Dr. Ellis is great, but the office staff is below par.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

Dr. Ellis performed a routine screening colonoscopy. The first appointment was to discuss the procedure. That went fine. He was personable and answered all my questions without being in a hurry. On surgery day everything went on schedule. My only complaint is that he did not personally speak to me after the surgery. He spoke to the person who brought me before I came to who relayed the information. I would rather of had first hand information and an opportunity to discuss the results with the doctor. My other only other issue is price. This is a 15 minute procedure making the cost excessive in my opinion.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Dr Ellis has an excellent outlook on how his patients are cared for. He is full of knowledge, sincere about his work, funny and makes you feel completely comfortable. I could not have found a better gastro doctor.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2011

Last doctor I would see if you are looking for a liver specialist.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

The best GI doctor I've ever had. He knows his stuff and works hard to get you answers/proper treatment. He's very funny and kind too. So blessed to have him as my doc.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

He seems like a very sharp guy. Reasonably enjoyable and funny as well.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr Ellis has been my gastro doctor for 8 years. He began treating me when I was pregnant and my OB sent me to him because I was having SEVERE hyperemesis. He is compassionate and knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. His bedside manner puts you at ease right away. His treatments and diagnosis' have always been exactly right.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2008

Dr. Kenneth K. Ellis's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Unicare

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My son is continuing to decline under Dr. Ellis' treatment for severe ulcerative colitis.. I am very worried, but Dr. Ellis does not seem to be. A little too di..."

January 31, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "One of the Worst Doctor I have seen for ulcerative colitis."

January 4, 2016
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=17093'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

March 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=17093'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.2

February 5, 2014