Ratings for Dr. James E. Boniface

I had my knee replaced 6 months ago. I will need my other knee done in about 6 months and cant say enough about Dr Boniface. He did a great job

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

Dr. Boniface repaied my rotator cuff. He was great expaining what was wrong and what he was going to do to fix it. The surgery went well and I was back to work in 6 weeks

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

This surgeon should be stopped. He did partial knee replacements on both of my knees. I knew something was wrong when I woke up from surgery. Then he has a woman from his office performing his rounds. The more I complained with each appt the bigger his grin got. One year later the implant in my left knee broke. Had to go to Cleveland Clinic to get a diagnosis. The tip of the screw broke off and migrated to the back of my knee. The implant was put in wrong. This has caused years of pain for me and cost me thousands. I still have to have the right knee re-done.

Submitted February 10, 2013

My son's surgery scar would not close. It was seeping yellow liquid. He had fever, chills. The doctors personal nurse kept relaying the doctor's message daily-"Shoulder surgery takes time to heal. Keep taking tylenol". Well, it finally (3 months later)healed on the outside. My son ended up going to the Cleveland Clinic to a shoulder specialist who reopened the incision to mass destruction inside. Not only did the screw Boniface put in easily pull out, the inside never healed due to a staph infection that Boniface never acknowledged nor cultured in the early stages. I can't understand how insurance companies can pay big bucks for incompetent work. My son now see's an infectious disease docter, is on his 3rd. antibiotic that is infused by iv through a picc line. Boniface now calls my son to see what's going on. As a mother, I am outraged at what this doctor has subjected our family to. I pray my son has a full recovery and that I can save someone else this misery.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

Dr. James E. Boniface's Credentials

• Toledo Medical College (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Florida