You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Guy G. Massry

Dr. Guy Massry so much more than a master oculoplastic surgeon. I suffered with a terrible result from a previous elective surgery performed on East Coast – my home. My lower eyelids constricted during healing and pulled down far below the iris (as well as puckered out), thus exposing my eyeball with excessive air & leaving me with a strange hangdog appearance – yes, misery. Having squirreled funds for years to afford the 1st & believing I’d properly researched an excellent surgeon, I was gun-shy & terrified to undergo this again for corrective surgery. But my eyes wouldn’t close when sleeping and they were dry & itchy constantly. It wasn’t an acceptable condition. I had 3 opinions from surgeons who said nothing could be done (no skin left to work with) – until I got a reference to Dr. Massry. He offered a 50% fixable solution – which I accepted – and actually got me at 95% correction. Wow! I defy anyone to find fault in my results! He said I’m one of only a handful of patients to have this specific procedure done as it is fairly new and he pioneered it himself. How fortunate we are that he did! Bedside Manner: He patiently & thoroughly answered all my questions, explained what he could do in realistic & laypersons terms, made promises he could keep, & did not push me into a decision. It was clear from the start that he was most interested in me as a person, what’s best for me, not a paycheck. Office: His staff is fantastic, patient, organized, flexible, readily available, professional & caring. The office is very easy to get to and parking is a cinch. Procedure: I was given everything I needed to navigate the surgery center with ease, travel to & from, parking, pre-surgery admin, pre-op prep, post-op needs (I demanded my mother be present the moment I was wheeled into recovery & this was agreed to without event). Post Op: Dr Massry provided his personal mobile phone for direct communication and guided me to call for any reason or concern during my recovery. In fact, I didn’t contact him enough it would seem because I received calls directly from him and/or his staff each day to check on my condition. Recovery: I was taken by surprise by how difficult it was to open my eyes for 2-3 days after the procedure. This got better each day, but I’d been informed of a 2 day recovery… I wasn’t comfortable keeping my eyes open for any length of time until over a week post op. This inconvenienced me at work, but I got it worked out. Just keep in mind, each body is unique and will recover in its own way so it is difficult to provide patients of an estimate for healing. Cost: Expensive. Worth every penny. It is not wise to bargain shop for surgery! I found the best in the world with Dr. Massry.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Dr Massry is an incredible oculoplastic surgeon. I was referred to him by a friend who had her blepharoplasty with him a few years ago. After her surgery, I knew I would have to go to Dr Massry once my eyelids needed a little pick-me-up. Now it has been about 6 months since my surgery and I am so happy with the results. I still look like myself, just about 10 years younger. If you are thinking about having blepharoplasty, you must go to Dr Massry in Beverly Hills!!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I have spoke to other patience as well who have said their surgery results didnt stick more than 6 weeks. Eyes are even smaller looking than before as well. When you pay out that kind of money you expect change for the good, not to find that weeks later it was all a complete waste. Seems to be a fairly standard result from others I have seen. I would think.there would be a way to do something different or not bother at all if the usual result is 3 steps behind where the patient started out to begin with. It shouldnt be a total leave it to chance. It should be it either works or it doesnt. Money doesnt grown on trees for all of us. When we pay out 10s of thousands, wed like to see it was worth it.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr. Guy G. Massry's response
Hello - Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns about your procedure. We take all patient feedback very seriously and want to work with our patients to give them the best results possible. In order to do this, please contact our office at (310) 657-4302 since your name and contact information are not available to us to reach out to you.

Submitted August 4, 2015

Hands down, the most gifted, caring, competent Doctor around, and I would not let "another" PS touch my face. I was referred to him after Dr Casselith literally ruined my right eye. DR. Massry has worked hard to repair a horrible situation. I will tell anyone go to him and you will immediately know you are in great hands with a doctor who truly cares.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

This doctor is excellent, has a wonderful bedside manner and is highly competent. I would recommend him to anyone contemplating eye surgery. His specialty is cosmetic eye surgery and he is simply the best.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2012

I am so grateful to Dr. Massry for correcting another surgery (from a different doctor) and now my eyes are in perfect symmetry. I couldn't be happier, and recommend Dr. Massry without hesitation.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Had lower eye lid lift. Amazing work. I'm 13 days post surgery today, all swelling and bruising are goe, love results. He is a very nice doctor.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2012

I went to Dr. Massry to remove the bags under my eyes. It has only been 1 month since my surgery and the results are amazing! He has given me a very natural and younger look. He is so nice and very caring. He was always available to take my calls with any questions or concerns. He is the best a true artist at what he does. I would highly recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2012

I was so tired of people asking me if I was tired, even after 10 hours of sleep. I went to Dr. Massry to reduce the bags under my eyes and the excess skin on the eyelids. I am so happy with the results, the one thing I stressed is although I wanted this done, I wanted and needed it to look natural. A friend of mine had already had her eyes done by Dr. Massry and looks great also. He did a great job and I feel great.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Massry for upper eyelid surgery because my eyelids had started to feel heavy and look droopy, and I wanted to see if my insurance would cover it. It was covered, so I also decided to have my lower lids done at the same time. My biggest concern was that I still wanted to look like myself when I was done. The surgery went very well and was virtually painless, requiring no post-op pain medication. I'm thrilled with the results! My upper lids no longer droop, and Dr. Massry used a procedure on my lower lids to get rid of my dark circles and hallowness by moving fat from other areas of my face. Dr. Massry is a skilled doctor, who is available to address your concerns post surgery. I not only had his office number, but his cell phone number as well. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family, and I've already given his number to friends who are interested in having the same surgery.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Dr. Guy G. Massry's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1990)

HealthPartners

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Guy Massry so much more than a master oculoplastic surgeon. I suffered with a terrible result from a previous elective surgery performed on East Coast – my ..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Massry is an incredible oculoplastic surgeon. I was referred to him by a friend who had her blepharoplasty with him a few years ago. After her surgery, I kne..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I have spoke to other patience as well who have said their surgery results didnt stick more than 6 weeks. Eyes are even smaller looking than before as well. Whe..."

July 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Hands down, the most gifted, caring, competent Doctor around, and I would not let "another" PS touch my face. I was referred to him after Dr Casselith literall..."

January 21, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Guy" to "Guy G."

October 20, 2013