Ratings for Dr. Shakoor A. Arain

The best of best Doctor I have ever seen in my life

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Checked in at appointment time to get test results. After waiting 1hour and 2 patients who came in after me were called in, went back to desk to ask why. Receptionist did not know. Was called in 15 minutes later. Nurse said the front office had not logged me in as having arrived. Said the Dr would be right with me. Another hour passed in the exam room with no communication from anyone, and still no Dr. Finally left after over 2 1/2 hours wasted waiting. No one stopped me or talked to me on the way out. The Dr called me after 6pm and gave me the test results and said he was sorry for the delays in the office. If I need a cardiologist again, it will NOT be Dr. Arain.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Never go back very the staff is very un-orginized the wait time was so ridiculous.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

He is the worst doctor cardiologist in Okeechobee. He doesn't know how to treat his employees who do 95% of his work nor does he treat his patients like they are suppose to be treated. All he wants is money. If U don't have money don't bother going to see him. He works out of Lawnwood hospital and Indian River. I would not recommend him to anyone. His patients wait hours to be seen for 5 minutes if that. Some patients he just goes in orders tests for MONEY and leaves the room. He doesn't listen to his patients problems or anything. I don't know why people go to him. Very bad doctor.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

I absolutely love Dr Arain. The man is the best of the best. He saved my life many time. He has superb bed side manners. I heard he was trained in medicine from England UK before coming to USA. That is why his clinical skills stand out. I truly recommend him

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Dr. Arain has been very kind and helpful. He always takes time to explain my condition and go over my medication. Actually he's the only doctor who goes over every medication and explains side effects as well as various option of treatment. He is very knowledgeable and highly qualified. I strongly recommend him

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Difficult to rate due to no "bedside" manor at hospital (or office) with patient/s. Appears not to inform patient prior or after surgery about condition. Seems to "shrug" one off vs have conversation about medical condition. Man is suppose to be excellent, but one cannot communicate with him because he doesn't seem to allow it to happen - walks out of room and never answers questions about medications, treatment... says patient needs this or that but won't converse about the subject first. Odd? Scarey? Don't know - so you?

flag | Submitted August 24, 2008

Dr. Arain has been my doctor for many years and I just love the care he gives me. He listens to what I have to say and answers all my questions. Once he was concerned that my cholesterol didn't go down to as much as he wanted it too with the medicine he was giving me. He was going to change it and I told him I had just started taking Evista for bone loss, and that my other doctor told me it would drop my cholesterol another 7%. I waited while he figured out what that would be and then said he would let me try it but if it didn't go down that 7% then we would change the meds.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2006

Dr. Arain diagnosed me with cardiomyopathy. He never gave me any medication to control my heart pain. He even had the girls cal me and say he was not going to see me again. I was told he quit taking medicaid unless one had medicare too. I also have mitrovalve prolapse and angina. When one has that many heart problems and hurts the way I do, then one needs medicine. Also, when I did see him, he was constantly joking with his nurse and not giving me the care I think I deserved. They even had some kind of bet on what was srone with me and was laughing when he had called it right. Anyway, I think if I were on better medical insurance maybe I would have gotten better treatment. I guess if my medical inusrance was better then he would treat my illnesses better. He is probably a great Doctor for people with money and good insurance, but not for those of us that is disabled and on medicaid only.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2005

Dr. Shakoor A. Arain's Credentials

• Chandka Med Coll, Univ Of Sind, Larkana, Pakistan (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Okeechobee, FL