Ratings for Dr. Wesley A. King

I can't say enough fabulous things about Dr. King. He is a very kind man, he truly cares about his patients. He took great care of me before, during and after my procedure. It's been 6 months and he is still there to support me through my recovery. I love this man!!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

A after suffering severe headaches in 1993, I met several doctors that led me to Dr. King. The diagnosis was a pituitary tumor. Dr. King was helpful informative and compassionate even though a family member was ill (I believe it was his mother). We scheduled surgery in late June of 93. To this day, 2014, the headaches haven't returned. I truly believe I owe my life to Dr. King.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Dr. King misdiagnosed my condition. I had persistent tooth pain and he told me I had a neurological condition and recommended brain surgery. During my exam he misrepresented the serious risks of that surgery but accurately stated them in his report to my referring doctor. I had a root canal - an extremely straightforward, minimally risky procedure - a week after I saw him and was pain-free 3 hours later. Had I listened to Dr. King, I would have undergone a surgery which exposes the brain stem, risking paralysis, coma, and death, and still have had a toothache! He said he was only 90% sure of his diagnosis - yet still recommended that I proceed with the surgery. What surgeon performs that type of invasive procedure if he is not even 100% sure of the diagnosis? Truly frightening.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

Dr. King is an outstanding neurosurgeon. He is very accessible and answered all of my questions while I was dealing with my issue. He is also extremely kind and caring. I was very confident when I went in for a serious spinal cord surgery. While in the hospital, he came at least twice every day to see how things were going. I VERY HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2009

Dr. Wesley A. King's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Amerigroup