Ratings for Dr. John M. Hatlelid

A top neurosurgeon in St. Louis reffered me to Dr. Hatleid. Said he was the best. That's putting it lightly!! Such an amazing doctor who really knows his stuff. He saw me in the hospital when I was admitted with a flare of a rare disorder and when a new issue popped up, he was very interested in figuring out the cause. I have several rare disorders and he is the first neurologist who knows how to treat them. He's significantly improved my quality of life. He's on time (wow!), speaks on the patients level, isn't rude/condescending, and explains everything. On top of him being an amazing Doctor, his staff is great, even calling and getting an MRI scan preapproved and scheduled immediately when the hospital radiology department dropped the ball.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Bad news. As soon as I started having side-effects from the med that his nurse practitioner prescribed, but never actually researched, he sent me a letter stating he had no idea why I was having said effects, offered to refund my copay, and promptly abandoned me.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

The staff killed this review, they never returned calls or called in medication. This office is a mess, find somwhere else to go.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

Dr. Hatelid is excellenr! He's caring, kind, and knowledgeable. My previous neurologist was a research doctor who treated me as a number in an experiment, and he didn't care about me and how Parkinson's affected me as a person. The first time I met him, Dr. Hatelid, He reassured me that he was concerned for me. He has given me medicine and suggestions for improving my life that have had a dramatic impact on my quality of life.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

This doctor misdiagnosed me with conversion disorder--a psychiatric illness when I had actually had a stroke. The stroke was diagnosed by an MRI that my sister (a physician) demanded. He then stopped making rounds on me in the hospital. I should have sued him, but am not the kind of person. Anybody else would have taken him to the bank!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

I have been a patient for 25 years & Dr. Hatlelid has seen me thru the worst/best of health. I can always count on him getting back to me with any concerns. Has given me outstanding referrals when that was what I needed. I would see no other neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Very old-school in manner and methods. Charming as long as I went along with everything he said, but could not abide a suggestion from the patient. Downright rude on occasion. Would never recommend.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Dr. Hatlelid had made the quality of my life much better and has always addressed my concerns and problems over the past 20+ years and I would see no one else.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2008

Dr. John M. Hatlelid's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)