Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Kingsbury

I am not happy with the situation or how it was handled. I could say a lot more but I'm trying to stick with facts that can be proven with documentation but a lot of what I want to say can't be proven so I am leaving that out. My ectopic pregnancy was missed which lead to unnecessary expensive testing such as brain MRI and chest X-ray that had nothing to do with my symptoms. I had ectopic pregnancy rupture with acute renal failure, blood transfusion with a laparotomy and tube removal. I was not aware that he found a mass in same area that my tube ruptured long before it ruptured. I trusted what he told me, but I wish I would have gotten opinion at a different hospital. I feel he left out information that I should have known. It took 19 days before they even began treatment since a mass was found and my hcg rose to approx 20,000 at almost 11 weeks pregnant. I began treatments for a "neoplasma"pregnancy, not ectopic pregnancy, with shots of a chemotherapy medication and that was supposed to be every week for as long as it took to get to 0 hcg plus one additional shot. Then I couldn't try to conceive again for 6 months at least. Despite having internal bleeding on abdominal MRI as well as a mass, and previous pelvic pain and other symptoms, exploratory laparoscopic surgery was not offered because they didn't know what was causing my hcg to rise(?). I ruptured a few days after treatment with chemo. They did apologize for what I went through later on after I kept questioning things but do not admit what was done wrong or the communication issues between them and the oncologist they worked with regarding my issues that had an impact on my treatment. But they did take time to sit down with me in late June although I still do not agree with how things were handled at all. I would recommend requesting your medical records in case they don't tell you major things you should know about your health so you can make informed decisions and research.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2018

Misdiagnosed ectopic pregnancy for choriocarcinoma. Brain scan was given for no reason. Was not told about mass in abdomen or internal bleeding. Ended up rupturing and almost dying without knowing there was a chance of rupture. Nice guy but doesn't own up to mistakes and I would not go back

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Kingsbury has always made me feel comfortable throughout every doctors appointment. He was very easy going and supportive. He and his staff are very educational and always make me feel at ease. As for the other patients that had to wait- he delivers babies! You may have to wait, what if that was you he was delivering? Although, I’ve never waited longer than a half hour to see him which is great for a specialist. I’ve got nothing but good things to say about Dr. Kingsbury and his staff!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Terrible, awful, horrendous doctor. I can't even type doctor without complete irritation! This man should be fired and should never be able to work in medicine again! I'm in complete shock that the Michigan Medical Bar Association allows him to practice? Why is this man allowed to be around woman let alone pregnant woman? Please, please do not see this doctor, I implore you. I'm also very hesitant to. Elusive any good reviews from my experience and just from what others who know of him have stated to me, I believe they are his family members or friends fabricating and giving this person positive reviews. No bedside manners whatsoever and just a terrible man to woman.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Please do not go this doctor. He upst me , and my husband called him with anger and questions. The next visit he had my legs in stir-ups internally examining me, and brought up my husband being mad at him. How could i defend myself when I was in the most vulnerable position. I believe he knew exactly what he was doing and just wanted to humiliate me. I should of talked to an advocate when it happened but I didn't. During labor.. I would of been better off in the woods with a stick in mouth. I also would go so far to say that he does not like women. I have heard similar experiences from other women who had kimgsbury. I will never say "doctor " for this man!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Amazing Doctor! Yes, sometimes I did have to wait a little bit in the waiting room, but I never felt rushed during any appointments and he ALWAYS asked "what questions do you have for me?" If everything went well during the appointments and I didn't have any questions, they didn't take long (who wants to sit around for no reason?) He was more then willing to answer anything I came up with and even took calls to answer questions when they came to mind. He is straight forward when you ask him his opinion or a question, which I appreciate about a Doctor. I don't consider this bad bedside manor. I would rather know what his professional option is about something with any personal suggestions then going into something with a totally unexpected outcome. During my many visits with him, he talked to my husband and I about more then just our baby--he asked about our personal life/interests and chatted regularly. He stuck with me the whole day I went into labor, into the early hours of the morning, even though he had to be on a plane for a conference a few hours later, he never left the hospital. He also listened to everything that my husband and I wanted. We had a wonderful experience with him and will absolutely be using him for our future children!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

If your ready to be there for 3 hours waiting and then a 5 minute rushed visit, he's your man.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I was a first time (and now last time) patient who was seriously ill and scared and am STILL floored by how nasty, caustic and acrimonious this doctor was! His staff were great with me but I would NEVER again let this man upset me and treat me the way that he did! It was not only extremely unprofessional but inhumane to say the least! Shame on him!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I really liked him he always asked if I had questions and answered thoroughly. I NEVER felt rushed at appointments I don't know why people are saying that. Never waited long for appointments either except both times I went for an US the tech was late. Office is clean. I was very dead set on having a VBAC and he was always very supportive of it even when my baby was measuring bigger. Not once did he pressure me to have a cesarean. Ended up delivering successfully and I feel like any other doctor would pressure for a c section with all my opsticals. The only complaint is about the staff. Although not rude, they aren't exactly friendly. I would definitely go to him again for future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I knew I was in trouble when he told me that my desire to walk around during labor was silly since labor hurts and I will want an epidural. I was pressured to induce my labor the day after my due date without any reason given other then I was a day over due. He invited, and I am not joking 7 people to stand at the door while I pushed in vain on my hands and knees. One of the most vulnerable moments of my life and 7 new faces looking at me. I had given permission for a resident, but not an entire class??? A resident is giving me directions and he was talking about the Tigers game with someone else I didn't know. I finally, after 2 hours of pushing, I ended up with a c-section, he never spoke during the surgery other then to ask someone to call and find out the Tigers score.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

Dr. Joseph A. Kingsbury's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1979)

AHC