Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Kingsbury

Terrible, awful, horrendous doctor. I can't even type doctor without complete irritation! This man should be fired and should never be able to work in medicine again! I'm in complete shock that the Michigan Medical Bar Association allows him to practice? Why is this man allowed to be around woman let alone pregnant woman? Please, please do not see this doctor, I implore you. I'm also very hesitant to. Elusive any good reviews from my experience and just from what others who know of him have stated to me, I believe they are his family members or friends fabricating and giving this person positive reviews. No bedside manners whatsoever and just a terrible man to woman.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Please do not go this doctor. He upst me , and my husband called him with anger and questions. The next visit he had my legs in stir-ups internally examining me, and brought up my husband being mad at him. How could i defend myself when I was in the most vulnerable position. I believe he knew exactly what he was doing and just wanted to humiliate me. I should of talked to an advocate when it happened but I didn't. During labor.. I would of been better off in the woods with a stick in mouth. I also would go so far to say that he does not like women. I have heard similar experiences from other women who had kimgsbury. I will never say "doctor " for this man!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Amazing Doctor! Yes, sometimes I did have to wait a little bit in the waiting room, but I never felt rushed during any appointments and he ALWAYS asked "what questions do you have for me?" If everything went well during the appointments and I didn't have any questions, they didn't take long (who wants to sit around for no reason?) He was more then willing to answer anything I came up with and even took calls to answer questions when they came to mind. He is straight forward when you ask him his opinion or a question, which I appreciate about a Doctor. I don't consider this bad bedside manor. I would rather know what his professional option is about something with any personal suggestions then going into something with a totally unexpected outcome. During my many visits with him, he talked to my husband and I about more then just our baby--he asked about our personal life/interests and chatted regularly. He stuck with me the whole day I went into labor, into the early hours of the morning, even though he had to be on a plane for a conference a few hours later, he never left the hospital. He also listened to everything that my husband and I wanted. We had a wonderful experience with him and will absolutely be using him for our future children!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

If your ready to be there for 3 hours waiting and then a 5 minute rushed visit, he's your man.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

I was a first time (and now last time) patient who was seriously ill and scared and am STILL floored by how nasty, caustic and acrimonious this doctor was! His staff were great with me but I would NEVER again let this man upset me and treat me the way that he did! It was not only extremely unprofessional but inhumane to say the least! Shame on him!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

I really liked him he always asked if I had questions and answered thoroughly. I NEVER felt rushed at appointments I don't know why people are saying that. Never waited long for appointments either except both times I went for an US the tech was late. Office is clean. I was very dead set on having a VBAC and he was always very supportive of it even when my baby was measuring bigger. Not once did he pressure me to have a cesarean. Ended up delivering successfully and I feel like any other doctor would pressure for a c section with all my opsticals. The only complaint is about the staff. Although not rude, they aren't exactly friendly. I would definitely go to him again for future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I knew I was in trouble when he told me that my desire to walk around during labor was silly since labor hurts and I will want an epidural. I was pressured to induce my labor the day after my due date without any reason given other then I was a day over due. He invited, and I am not joking 7 people to stand at the door while I pushed in vain on my hands and knees. One of the most vulnerable moments of my life and 7 new faces looking at me. I had given permission for a resident, but not an entire class??? A resident is giving me directions and he was talking about the Tigers game with someone else I didn't know. I finally, after 2 hours of pushing, I ended up with a c-section, he never spoke during the surgery other then to ask someone to call and find out the Tigers score.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

I thought Dr. Kingsbury was great throughout my first pregnancy. He was always up front about everything and is not a sugar coater. I'm a big girl and don't need to be babied. If you are very sensitive, then he may not be the doctor for you. His staff was always super nice and made the visits that much more pleasant. Dr. K was excellent during my delivery as well. He kept me focused even when I was out of my mind in pain and fatigue. I was out of state for my second child, but now that I'm back, Dr. K is my factor of choice for my next child.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

The worst, sad experience ever for a Doctor! I ended up switching Doctors in my second trimester because of this guy. I only saw him for abotu 5 mins each time and then had to deal with his nurse who was rude. He has an awful bedside manner and seems like he just sees a patient for a second and then goes on to the next one. I am not the only one that feels this way as many others have switched because he takes no time with his patients. Stay away!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2010

Dr. Kingsbury is a great doctor. He is very caring and friendly. He delivered two of my children. I had a C-section with my first chilr (not delivered by Dr. K) and was very encouraging and supportive of my decision to have a vaginal birth. I was very pleased with his bedside manner and felt he took time to get to know me before the birth during my check up appointment. He even performed a breast biopsy during one of my pregnancies and although I was awake during the entire proceedure he was always reassuring me and asking me if I was OK. Wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

Dr. Joseph A. Kingsbury's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Grand Blanc, MI