Ratings for Dr. Howard L. Lippton

I've had chronic sinus infections and then surgery in Aug of this year. Over the holidays I couldn't stand the latest one when streph throat piled on. So I went back to Dr. Lippton after having seen him once years ago and liked him. He treated these infections so aggressively! Neither primary or ENT had ever given me more than 7 days of antibiotics. He brought out the big guns (rocephin) plus 2 weeks of another by mouth. I was feeling much better but could tell it wasn't all gone so I called and he called in another one after previously discussing the types of bacteria so he knew what bug was left. And honestly he wanted to send me home with that one but I had trouble in the past with it so he tried another one first. He saw my long standing anxiety that my primary for years never acknowledged, without me saying a word. He gave me a Rx for that that has lifted my depression as well. I have insurance that probably won't reimburse me but I feel Dr. Lippton cares alot and I will be going back! He's been worth every penny and I feel like he is a true caregiver!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr.Lipton is the worst doctor I ever met in my life.. he is so rude, unprofessional, ignorant, cheap doctor. he wanted to give me a shot n didnt even tell me whats its name n I said no started yelling at me cursing me.. all he cares about is the money.. dont trust him.. I wouldn't recommend anyone to go to his office.. just pay a little more n go see a professional doctor..

Submitted March 17, 2016

This comment is authored by Dr. Lippton and is in response to the comment below "submitted July 20, 2015." This individual attempted to mislead me into writing an excuse to cover missed absences that could not be explained. The person could not give a clear and understandable history of exactly what the symptoms were let alone that the symptoms kept changing on repeated questioning by my staff and me. The comments below are false "in showing no interest." Rather, I gave this individual the benefit of the doubt giving the person several separate interactions in the exam room to give me straight answers but they were not forthcoming. The individual essentially said for me to quit wasting time and write an excuse to cover over a week of missed absences. I refused to do so and the individual made several hostile threats and left my office. By the way, my clinic charges $49 whereas WK Quick Care charges well over $100 a visit without such an "excuse." I accurately diagnosed "what was wrong with you." You attempted to have me provide a shield in the form of a medical excuse for unknown activities and without any evidence of a medical problem/treatment. This person needs a counselor rather than a medical doctor. Best of luck in improving your judgment and attendance from where you were "absent."

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

Long wait time, even though I was the only patient in the office. Was seen for less than 10 minutes. Dr. Lippton cut me off several times when I tried to tell him my symptoms. He was rude and insensitive. He rushed me out of the office. He showed no interest in trying to figure out what was wrong with me. The office was messy. It felt like a scam. From now on I will pay the extra $10-$20 to go to WK Quick Care.

Submitted July 20, 2015

Helpful I was in and out the lady at the front was more than helpful and informative Lipton although was more than a bit eccentric odd if you will

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015

I LOVE this doctor. He does charge $49.00 for office visit then additional fees for injections and treatment. He gave me three options to choose from. I've had chronic pain for years. With the injection that he gave me I haven't hurt at all for two days now. WOW...

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Brilliant doctor. Very personable. Told me what I needed to know in an understable way.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

A doctor that only take cash. Well oooh no. I have never talk to a doctor that answer his own phone and take cash only.

Submitted February 12, 2014

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

This doctor saved my life.He is a bit off the wall...but I swear by him.If you have a lung issue this is the man to see.God bless him.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Dr. Howard L. Lippton's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)