Ratings for Dr. Maria A. Flaquer

She just sends you out to a lot of specialists for common problems and refuses to prescribe common non-controlled medications I've been taking forever. She acts like she is too busy to take care of you. If she's that busy she needs to limit her practice! Had to see her PA mostly who prescribed several medications related to groups of medications I had specifically reported as allergies to which I had allergic reactions also. Staff said they would take care of refills several times and did not. I am finished with her practice! I've never met a primary care doctor who refuses to take care of common medical problems. I don't have time or money to run all over town going to different specialists just to get regular medical issues taken care of.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Had to wait over an hour for my appointment. Otherwise everything was okay.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

I called them to make an appintment and although I needed an appointment for 5pm they insisted I should be there at 4pm. I got off my work early to be there on time and I was there at 4pm. The nurse tested me for 10 minutes and there left me in the room for 1 hour. When I asked them how long more I should stay they said the doctor has another patient?!!!! My point is if she has another patient why did they give other appointments?Afetr 1 hour I just left the place without being checked....what they do is to make multiple appointments to make more money....and you pay for that with your money and time....

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

I love this doctor. she takes her time with you and is extremely knowledgable. she offers total care...love her!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2010

I've seen many doctor's over the years and have always felt rushed when seeing them and usually leave with many unanswered questions. I've neer felt this way at Dr. Flaquer's office. She always takes the time to sit and explain things to me and makes me feel like I am the only patient in the office at that moment. She allows me options and lets me have input in my own healthcare. I've had to wait a few times but nothing out of the ordinary. I'd rather wait to see a doctor that I like and who will listen to me than be rushed in and out with a doctor and leave with more questions than when I started. Dr. Flaquer always shakes my hand and has a smile on her face. That speaks volumes to me. I would highly reccomend her.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2009

Dr Maria Flaquer and her staff are outstanding. She is a very caring and loving doctor. I have been seeing her for several years now and we had to move 70 miles away due to a job change and my husband and I still drive that in order to be seen by her. She is very knowledgeable about medications and my husband and I both feel better than we ever have before seeing her. Her staff all respond to phone calls and requests promptly. I don't want to go to any other doctor. She even called me at home one evening to make sure that I was doing OK after having been seen that day and being very ill. We love her!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

I felt like my visit here was a classic bait and switch. The office staff make a point of explaining that the cost of an office visit with Dr. Flaquer is one of the least expensive in the area at $75, which is true. However, there is a catch. I went in to get a prescription for propecia, a drug with few and minor side effects. The office visit was fine, however, when I asked for the prescription, I was only given one for 60 days. I said I needed one for a year since I will be taking this drug indefinitely. They said if I wanted a prescription for that long I would need to come in for a $39 blood test. When I went in for the blood test I was charged $60 and told they would give me a 6 month prescription and if I wanted more I would need to come in again in 6 months. I don't have medical insurance and each doctor's visit is out of my pocket. This is an example of why we have a medical care crisis in this country. All many doctors care about is how much they can rack up in fees.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

Knowledgeable doctor and staff. Always have time to talk about your problem.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2008

Very rude they say they won't give me the medical records...

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008