Ratings for Dr. Barry J. Kaplan

I have a history of severe injury and severe residual damage. I went to Kaplan who did not know that I left a prior CAT to compare. He also was unaware that he was to look at more than one area of spinal injury. He was extremely brusque, spent approx 60 seconds with me, did not go over CAT with me and said "I think you are ok". I have since had two other opinions and both drs are very upset regarding lax attitude from Kaplan. No- I would never return to him. Nor recommend.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Dr. Kaplan is a wonderful Surgeon. My results are better than expected. I also know many people who have had surgery by him and would never go anywhere else for Neurosurgical care.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

Im a post surgery Arnold Chiari Malformation patient and also live with a brain tumor. After experiencing the return of head pains and flashes of light, neck pain, insomnia, my primary care doctor made me a appointment with Dr Kaplan. After waiting a terrible 3 weeks to get in and see him for the first time and review my MRI ( mri showed my tumor had grown. When i arrived at. ONC i was told i was being seen for my cervical spine and nothing to do with my brain tumor. I said this appt was for my head and they said they would check on it. I was called into a room whe re Dr Kaplan came in and said whats up with your spine. I then told him it was about my brain tumor, he left the room to look at the cd's i had brought with me, came back said everything looked good but he didnt have anything to compare too. I said i brought 2 prior cd's, he left room again, came back and said no its fine come back in a year. The end. IM GOING SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR A 2ND OPPINION.... GOOD LUCK.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I had a 1 pg.list of my 7 week history of pain,dates & Drs.I had seen, ph#'s & the miss diagnoses of arthritis to hip muscles & medicines prescribed, X-rays & cat scans. I knew I needed MRI's & a Neurosurgeon! Thank goodness Dr.Shanawany at Fakhoury Med & Chiropractic knew exactly what I needed & prescribed MRI's & referred me to Dr. Kaplan. I had a bulged disc 3rd & 4th vertebra. Dr. Kaplan was thorough, concise & understanding & confident. In part because he had a patient who was determined to work thru the medical system to get to where they needed to be. It was a non evasive surgery, 45mins.2 1/2 hr. recovery. I went from not being able to stand up straight or walk w/o a walker & on Good Friday, PTL! and Dr. Kaplan,I walked for the 1st time pain free in 7 wks.! & still am. PS.I failed laying flat MRI because pain, they told me to come back! I researched "Sit Down/Stand Up MRI's in Orlando! Why didn't Advanced Imaging tell me they existed! Dr. Kaplan is great! Be your own advocate!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Said they would do a referal to Pain Management doctor for an epidural injection, but they never gave the referal. Had to go back to my primary care doctor for the referal. Total waste of time and $50.00. Will never go back there.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Amazing staff, couldn't have been more helpful. Dr. Kaplan didn't waste time, he saw the problem and fixed it. He was informative, kind and very communitive before and after surgery . Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

I have been 100% let-down and terrified by the lack of professional medical attention I received at the hands of Dr. Barry Kaplan. I am now five weeks out of that laminoplasty/shunt placement surgery, and left with severe nerve damage to 8 of my 10 fingers, my hands, arms and shoulders, extreme pain in my skull where he used instruments to hold my head during surgery, and have developed yet ANOTHER spinal fluid leak on my thoracic spine. I now need further repair surgery. On top of all these problems and unexpected developments, Dr. Kaplan is rude, arrogant and lacking in knowledge He is not just a bad doctor; he is a dangerous physician whose license should be pulled before he maims or KILLS someone with his lack of medical skill or concern. This man has no business practicing medicine--anywhere. If you value your health, avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2013

Dr. Kaplan did exactly what he said he would as a neurosurgeon. I knew my chances in advance, answered any questions I had, and my neck surgery was successful in relieving my pain.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2013

Had invasive back surgery recently--pain has been excruciating. Im ALWAYS told--everything looks great!!!--yet my other doctor told my I had MAJOR swelling/Edema.If he would just tell me....an estimate of pain recovery I could accept that. Im always made to feel--it's ALL in my head. If I knew the pain would be this long--I would have rather suffered the pain I had previous. This has effected my life and my job.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2012

Arrogance,mind made up before seeing patient. Didn't even put a hand on the back to examine. After viewing x-rays, he gave verbal report that lasted approximately 4-5 minutes at the most. Very disappointed with bedside manners and this Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2011

Dr. Barry J. Kaplan's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)