Ratings for Dr. John A. Pilcher

Dr. Pilcher literally changed my life and my husband's life! Dr. Pilcher's bed side manners are warm and exceptional. San Antonio frankly is lucky to have him and I would send anyone, and any of my family members to him. I made the decision to have weight loss surgery easily and for two reasons: 1. I was READY and 2. I knew having Dr. Pilcher by my side, on my team. Hands down, the best!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I was recommended to Dr. Pilcher a year ago. From my initial consult to my now follow ups, the entire staff have been caring and professional! Dr. Pilcher has his best interest in his patients! He has a wealth of knowledge and truly takes his time with getting to know you and answering any questions you have. I had the gastric sleeve on 1-9-2017 and today was my 6 month post op appt and I am happy to say that i have lost 91 POUNDS! He said i was his STAR patient for the day! I have been working out 4 times a week a little after my surgery and that has helped me tremendously with my weight loss success!! One thing that makes me very happy is that I can NOW ride Fiesta Texas rides with my little girls and not having to be worried if i will fit in the ride.. Dr. Pilcher has saved my life! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

flag | Submitted May 2, 2008

Dr. John A. Pilcher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Bariatric Surgery is my entire professional focus, and I love my job because I get to help people reclaim the life they deserve. I've raised my family in San Antonio since 1995. I routinely accomplish Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, and revision operations. I'm part of a fantastic team; we're invested together in the long term success of our patients!

• English

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

• Best Doctors, every year
  • Bariatric Surgical Instructor for the Southwestern U.S.
  • AOA