Dr. John A. Pilcher

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John A. Pilcher

Nothing but positive things to say about our experience with Dr. Pilcher and Sage Bariatrics! He is extremely knowledgeable , professional and answered all of the questions we had prior to my daughter's procedure. He explained all of her options, gave her his honest opinion and made sure she was comfortable with her choice . Staff is awesome!! I could not have asked for a better doctor to help my daughter with her journey. Thanks Dr. Pilcher!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Dr. Pitcher is always so nice and has good bed manners! I always look forward to my appointments with him! Love the results I am having! Should have seen him a long time ago!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

I no longer have high blood pressure or high cholesterol and within 6 months I loss over 85 pounds. Dr. Pilcher has an outstanding bed side manner. Zero complications.!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2017

Dr. Pilcher literally changed my life and my husband's life! Dr. Pilcher's bed side manners are warm and exceptional. San Antonio frankly is lucky to have him and I would send anyone, and any of my family members to him. I made the decision to have weight loss surgery easily and for two reasons: 1. I was READY and 2. I knew having Dr. Pilcher by my side, on my team. Hands down, the best!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I was recommended to Dr. Pilcher a year ago. From my initial consult to my now follow ups, the entire staff have been caring and professional! Dr. Pilcher has his best interest in his patients! He has a wealth of knowledge and truly takes his time with getting to know you and answering any questions you have. I had the gastric sleeve on 1-9-2017 and today was my 6 month post op appt and I am happy to say that i have lost 91 POUNDS! He said i was his STAR patient for the day! I have been working out 4 times a week a little after my surgery and that has helped me tremendously with my weight loss success!! One thing that makes me very happy is that I can NOW ride Fiesta Texas rides with my little girls and not having to be worried if i will fit in the ride.. Dr. Pilcher has saved my life! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

flag | Submitted May 2, 2008

Dr. John A. Pilcher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Bariatric Surgery is my entire professional focus, and I love my job because I get to help people reclaim the life they deserve. I've raised my family in San Antonio since 1995. I routinely accomplish Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, and revision operations. I'm part of a fantastic team; we're invested together in the long term success of our patients!

• English

• University Of Virginia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

• Best Doctors, every year
  • Bariatric Surgical Instructor for the Southwestern U.S.
  • AOA