Ratings for Dr. Douglas C. Daly

The very best. Thank you, Dr. Daly for helping us. Our two daughters are perfect. You are our hero.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

He is cranky. He has poor bedside manner...BUT I would trust him (and did) with my life. I have 4 beautiful IVF children who he helped diligently to bring into this world. He cares deeply about his patients and about running an ethical practice...but you may not (at first) get that impression. He can be off putting, but he is a realist. He is a straight shooter and he is no nonsense. Character traits I appreciated while going through the most difficult time in my life (infertility). I didn't want to be blown a bunch of puff and false promises my way; I wanted straight and simple honesty which he combined w/ his very best efforts on my behalf. If you are extremely sensitive, he may not be a great option for you. However if you want to have a baby and appreciate someone who will fight on your behalf and shoot straight with you every step of the way; go with Dr. Daly. I will forever be grateful to him and his staff for their tireless efforts on my behalf and the 4 healthy children who are my whole world who I never would've had without him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

While I agree with everyone's comments on here, you have to realize that he is an incredibly smart doctor and loves the science aspect of his role and not the compassionate part - this is a bit tough to swallow when infertility is such an emotional experience. After being a patient for 6 months, he has tried several different things and finally we had surgery last month. He did a great job and what he thought was a simple cyst on my ovary turned out to be correct. There is no modesty here in the office - you take your clothes off in the bathroom while he stands there and waits for you to come out with a sheet on before you do ultrasounds but after talking to other friends in other states, they are shocked that the head doctor does all of this process. Again he is incredibly smart with poor bedside manner but overall I have been happy. I had a consultation with the other office in GR and was more impressed with Dr Daly - he spoke to you, called you back and his staff are great.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

Dr. Daly has "awkward" social skills and doesn't have the best bed side manner, but he is VERY knowledgeable in his field. My husband and I tried for years to get pregnant and after going to the Fertility Center and doing cycle after cycle of Clomid (which I was not responding to) and rarely seeing Dodds or Young during my appointments we went to Daly for a second opinion. He was very straightforward with his news that unfortunately with my husband's SA/CM and me having an unexpected low egg count for my age IVF would be the best route to achieve pregnancy. Yes it was very difficult to hear and initially I thought he was just out for money but after adding up all the time & money we spent at the other place we soon realized had we done IVF in the first place we wouldn't have wasted so much. We liked the fact that we saw Dr. Daly at every visit and he does all of his own ultrasounds because he knows exactly what he's looking for. We now have a beautiful son. Thank you Dr. Daly.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

FIND A DIFFERENT DOC TO GO TO. I was incorrectly diagnosed 10 years ago and quit trying to concieve. This doc told me after an HSG that on opposite sides one tube was blocked, one ovary was dead. years and years later i find out i have pcos, tubes are fine and there is hope. this doc pushed for ivf on my second visit with only giving me one round of clomid. out for money. so glad i never had the ivf with him. i waisted 10 years thinking there was no hope for me until i just started seeing a new doc. he was also cocky and i felt uneasy talking to him. what a jerk!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Dr. Daly was very unprofessional and rude during visits. I was placed on clomid for one month and femara for one month after which he told me they were not working (despite having one good egg with each) and told me we could do the injections (which were extremely expensive) or go home and stop trying. I had originally gone to him for multiple miscarriages for which we refused to do testing or look into. I am now seeing another physician that is wonderful and who has in the first month found out the probably cause of my miscarriages!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

Worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. He with held treatment options and only presented the more expensive options. We were told that if we couldn't afford treatments we couldn't afford kids. He was rude, basically called me fat (which I'm not), and had his wife spend an hour with me telling me how great the office girls were doing on Weight Watchers so maybe I should try that. Every time I left his office I just wanted to cry. Now we're going to the Fertility Center Young/Dodds and they are wonderful!!!!! Already having better results and we even pay out of pocket.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Originally we were referred to the "other" Dr in town and he barely discussed our issue of recurrent miscarriages. I felt like a number there and was put on a treatment to help me ovulate, which didn't really make sense because obviously I ovulate...I had been pregnant 4 times prior. So Dr. Daly was our last effort to have a biological child. A well respected friend of mine kept telling me to go see him. My ob was hesitant to refer us there because Dr. Daly is known to not have the best "bed side" manner. We didn't go there to have a "warm fuzzy" feeling. I wanted someone to just give me a straight forward answer as to whether or not they thought a child was in our future. Dr Daly looked through all of our previous medical history like a criminal investigator. And in the end we ended up conceiving a baby boy after one round of IVF. I would recommend him to ANYONE! If your looking for someone to be straight forward and knowledgeable, he's your doctor.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

We visited him last December and had such an awful consult that we went out of netwk to see Dodds&Young. He gave us extreme options that were unreal $$$$, he was rude to my husband, and insulting about my weight (I'm not even that overweight-just typical American pudge). I got as far as the elevator in his lobby and fell apart. No sensitivity and if you ask me poses the most expensive options figuring he'll work smarter not harder. Also, he is very unkept looking-scraggly beard(hello...surgeon?)and rumpled scrubs that look like he pulled them from the hamper. He may be smart but has alot to learn about customer service.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

I was one of his first patients here in michigan.He was the worst Dr. I have ever dealt with. After all my testing he said I needed ivf,which was $10,000 at the time with a 25 pecent chance that it would work. He acted like we should make the decision right then to do it, and then pointed to his kids pictures on the wall and said if you dont have money to do this than you dont have money to raise children. Of course i left devistated, but in the long run, it just goes to show he doesnt know everything, one year later I got pregnant without anyones help and now have a 18 and a 14 year old. And have raised them just fine without a big Dr.s income.He even has this on his web site." We believe couples who can afford to raise children should be able to afford to have children. We make every attempt to keep our prices affordable. (Click here for IVF Cost Sheet)." I would not recomed him.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2010

Dr. Douglas C. Daly's Credentials

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med, Farmington Ct 06032 (Grad. 1976)