Ratings for Dr. James S. Barton

Dr. Barton has been my OB/GYN for over 10 years! He did my hysterectomy (which ended up being very complicated due to a low platelet count and stage four endometriosis) and I had no complications! He always takes time to explain things and is VERY knowledgeable. He is an excellent doctor and skilled surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Dr. Barton is best. Did my delivery. It was a complicated delivery and he was excellent in terms of what to do and when. Highly knowledgable and give time to explain you things. Very caring. I strongly recommend him for patients.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

His goal seemed to be to squeeze as many possible fitire visits with me as possible, not to listen to, or answer my concerns as the patient. He listed hot flash symptoms in my record that I did not have or report to him whatsoever. He did nothing to help me with my concerns and upset me a great deal for no other reason that I can ascertain except to ensure that I return to his office for several future visits. I for one will never return to his office and am sorry I saw him the one time.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

I love Dr.Barton he is very helpful. He thinks more than just baby. he listens to his paients and cares about what you think. He is always behind and he is worth the wait because when it's your turn he gives you the floor and I have never felt rushed in the 10+years I have been seeing him

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. we love this doctor. he didn't deliver our baby but we scheduled many appointments with him because he is so knowledgeable and friendly. very straightforward - doesn't beat around the bush. answers any and all questions no matter how ridiculous. he also remembers who you are as a person not just a patient. i don't enjoy doctor visits, especially of this nature, but i feel very comfortable with dr. b and can have a real conversation with him. the only thing is - everyone loves him so much it's nearly impossible to schedule an appt with him.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

AWESOME Bedside manner! We had a troubled pregnancy and Dr. Barton did everything to reassure us. Keep in mind that I was in the office once a week in the last 2 months of my pregnancy! He made both my husband and I very comfortable. Explained everything to us in understandable terms. Was up-front and honest. He did not deliver our child, however I wished he would have! Would go back to him in a heartbeat!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

Dr Barton is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I've encountered. He has a way of making you feel incredibly at ease. He delivered my first child and made what can be a very stressful experience go seamlessly. He can be difficult to see because so many women feel the same way. I personally know about 10 women who go to his practice and we all love him as a doctor. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a new doctor. You can't ask for more.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2007

Misdiagnosed what was later diagnosed by a Grand Rapids' OB/GYN as a yeast infection. Barton informed me that I may have to have a hysterectomy to resolve the problem. Diflucan prescribed in Grand Rapids completely resolved the problem!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2005

Dr. James S. Barton's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)