Ratings for Dr. John N. Anderson

I have very mixed feelings on Anderson. I have seen him say some stupid things to friends, as well as myself (like the risk of rupture giving birth vaginally after a cesarean is 1 in 200... He said it was 1 in 10) but at the same time, I respect him for his honesty (he did NOT try to blame my birth for the infection I had after I gave birth at home, without a doctor or midwife (even though he did lecture). He easily could have blamed it on my birth to prove a point, but he didn't. He was honest and I respect that. He also helped me through some other unrelated things. Like I said. I have mixed feelings. I believe his intentions are good, but he does need to keep up-to-date if he is going to be delivering babies and caring for women in that time.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I have had Dr. Anderson's care for several emergency birth situations, where my midwife was no longer able to provide care. He has always worked hard to allow me to have a natural delivery, while at the same time working to do all he can to protect the little one. My first experience with him I was disappointed in his bedside manner but I later realized that it was the intensity of his concern for the safety of child being born that caused that. His charges have been reasonable. He could have made more by automatically taking one child c-section but instead carefully monitored the birth and allowed me the ability to have the child naturally--giving both the child and I the best start possible.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Outdated medical knowledge; questionable practices

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

He's a joke. He charged me $800.00 to "assist" in a surgery he didn't he even show up for. He was in his office a few blocks away just waiting for the phone call in case he was needed. One way in the OR and one way out of the OR, and no-one with me saw him that morning..hmmmmmm All he cares about now is politics.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

excellent

flag | Submitted April 27, 2008

Dr. John N. Anderson's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)