Ratings for Dr. Nile Randolf Lestrange

Dr LeStrange destroyed my knee. I had torn meniscus which he operated in and left me with a non functioning leg and knee. Ended up with total knee replacement done by another surgeon. Dr LeStrange should not be practicing medicine. He's a terrible surgeon. Makes you wait 4 hours in waiting room while this 80 something, LeStrange, sleeps !!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

Never waited less than 4 hours to see this man. He operated on my right elbow and the result was a total disaster! He told me to see another surgeon and that I would require another operation. I met with another surgeon is Miami who was absolutely terrific. When he saw my MRI he said "This is a lawsuit if I've ever seen one" Since I work in the medical field this is not something physician's typically say - even if they feel that way. There was no post-op care and he really couldn't have cared less.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Aside from the wait to see him. I was seeing him for herniated discs in my lower back. He gave me two options. Either an IDET or to remove discs and fuse spine. The IDET he called a non-invasive surgery, than the other. He told me if the IDET procedure was unsuccessful that he'd do the more extensive one. He had told me it wasn't possible to end up with any spinal cord or nerve damage because of the location of the discs with this IDET procedure. He had said that if I went with the IDET that he would know after 8 weeks if the procedure worked. He told me to think about it. I researched the procedures. Even though he told me their was a 70% success rate with the IDET procedure, after my research it seemed like a 50% success rate. I decided to try the IDET. I ended up with nerve damage from the procedure. He made me go through 12 weeks of rehab therapy. I found him unprofessional after the surgery. I received a letter from him 2 weeks later telling me I should seek a neurosurgeon.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

My appointment was at 9:00 am and I wasn't even called into a room until 11:27 am. When I finally saw him he was professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. He didn't push his recomendations on me - he just told me my options and told me to think about it for a month or two. I am very impressed with everything except the extensive wait.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2008

doctor lestrange is the best orthopedic surgeon in the world .he had me out pain after surgery in two days.....................no complications

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

This doctor operated on me, i developed a neurological disease as a result. He refused to help me, and told me there was no medical reason for my inability to bend my knee for 8 months, even after my physical therapist told him I tried to bend it and cried all the way through. I would not reccommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2005

Dr. Nile Randolf Lestrange's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1962)

Oxford