Ratings for Dr. Frank J. Schwab

I an shocked that any one could say anything unkind about Dr. Frank Schwab! In 2010, he corrected a botched surgery on me that was done by another well rated physician. Seven years later I am pain free and active. Not only is Dr. Schwab a gifted surgeon but he is also a caring and compassionate gentleman.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Schwab is a horrible dr. Can't imagine people even saying things nice bout him

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Frank Schwab operated on my father Michael in October, 2007. He performed a spinal stenosis surgery at the L5 level. My fathers symptoms were numbness and pain he was living a good life probably more fun and more productive than Dr. Schwab himself. He was doing everything he had to do everyday for himself but he wanted to stop the numbness in his leg and pain he would get after a full day of activities, which by the way again didn't stop him from his everyday life. My father had no health issues at 70 yo he never had a surgery before this surgery. He was cleared by all doctors as physically healthy. Dr. Schwab operated on my father after one visit to his office, scheduled the surgery within the next two weeks. My father told him he wanted a first in the morning appointment but was given at 4:00 surgery at the hospital NYU for Joint Diseases. My father walked into the hospital and never walked out. Dr. Schwab's surgery on him caused my father to become paralyzed. For two weeks at NYU Intensive Care Unit Dr. Schwab, the President of NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases and their staff could not tell us what happened in the surgery what went wrong Dr. Schwab told us he didn't know what happened image!!! I truly cant image anyone on this page saying he is a great doctor. NYU hospital could not wait to get my family out of that hospital and neither could Dr. Schwab. Someone in that operating room knew what happened but not one of them came forward to tell the truth. After the lawyers, medical experts, etc. Dr. Schwab and NYU covered their records so well that no one was able to figure out what happened. My dad died after three years of being paralyed and lived in horror everyday of that three years. He was a proud man and didn't want to live with assistants cleaning him helping getting him into the motorized wheelchair, cooking for him etc. Joan Rivers a New York City Socialite and world renown comedian has a bad procedure and they find out within two weeks who what and how...there is no justice... So I rate Dr. Schwab and NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases a "0" across the board. Not even a "I'm sorry from Dr. Schwab or the President of NYU Hospital for Special Surgery who immediately called a meeting with my family still smh :(

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Hes a great doctor. Very helpful, polite and makes you feel like everything is going to be fine. I was very uneasy about having spine surgery but he assured me he was going to take great care of me and everything went perfectly.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2011

Dr. Schwab is very compassionate,patient & knowledgable in the spinal field.I have had 2 spinal surgeries due to severe scoliosis,kyphosis.He is always available to speak to the patient.I would not consider any other surgeon.His staff is kind,compassionate & helpful.They go out of their way to help.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

I am his Patient for almost 5 years now, he is a Very Good Doctor to me, I even shared to media that he is a Miracle Doctor, the Media called him a Miracle Doctor to, I will transfer to the New Surgeon in Beverly Hills for my SPine Surgery because of His Nurse Practitioner Jacky that is really rude to me, and very unprofessional, and LIAR, His past Nurse practitioner Nicola is really helpful and Nice, over all I like the work of Doctor Schwab but his Stuff will going to destroy his reputation, If he will not change them, I will share my experienced this Bad Experience to Media in New York and in Chicago, He make me walk after several surgeries, I proved it to the medias, But once I shared this bad experience with the Nurse practitioner JACKY to the Medias, it will fall back to Dr Schwab, Hey Jacky I Dont Drink Vicodine for my Pain, I now drink 60 capsules of Tylenol everytime I hAVE pain, YOU ARE STUPID I have Spine issue and you want me to die of Pain with no Medicine.KEVIN REEVES

flag | Submitted November 7, 2009

after dr schwab operated on me three times, i'm in more pain every day, than before i first went to see him. i made a terrible mistake by having him operate.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

Dr. Frank J. Schwab's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1990)