Ratings for Dr. Richard J. Burkett

I had a breast reduction and lift followed by an upper arm reduction and lift with Dr. Burkett, and I couldn't be happier with the results. I was originally scheduled to have both procedures done at the same time, but because of my age (70) and blood pressure, the operations were handled separately. The first operation was in September of 2016, and the second operation was January of 2017. Dr. Burkett did not charge extra for the second operation, but there was an extra fee for the surgery center and anesthesiologist. Overall, my breasts turned out better than ever, although the scars are still healing. Dr. Burkett's procedure is different than others I've had explained to me; he reshapes and lifts the whole breast. As for the upper arms, he places the incision below so it is invisible from most angles. The arm scars are coming along nicely, but are taking longer than the breast scars. This is not a simple procedure, so one should expect scarring that fades over time - from 6 months to a year. However, because I had so much arm flab that could not be reduced with exercise, I decided it was worth it. And the breasts are awesome! Dr. Burkett's staff are extremely helpful and cordial, and I loved working with them. A great experience!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I had a breast reduction with Dr. Burkett. After the surgery, I made it known to him about my concerns about the "botch" job that was done. He tried to act as if there was no issue with appearance of my breast until I told him I went another doctor for an opinion. Overall I'm very dissatisfied about my results because now I have to pay more money to get my breast symmetry corrected. I wish I never would've went to him.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I honestly thought I was just coming in to see Dr. Burkett as a 2nd opinion with no intentions of using him. He quickly changed my mind. I had a breast augmentation with a lift done. I loved that he wanted to know exactly what I wanted. He instructed me to pick out pictures of what I liked and didn't like so he could create exactly what I wanted. He made me feel 100% comfortable on the day of surgery. He called me the day after personally to check on me. He gave me his cell number for the weekend. I have called many times after surgery with questions, and every time I get to speak directly to the nurse - Shannon immediately. I loved that. I love my results. I loved the surgery center. I loved Dr Burkett. Cannot say enough about his staff and my experience. At least take the time to meet with him before you choose on which Dr to go with. You won't be disappointed!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

Dr. Richard J. Burkett's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)