Ratings for Dr. Mary P. Hogan

This practice used to be the best in Howard county and is now one of the worst! The office looks like dmv, crowded impersonal and non caring. Staff is rude, doctor does not call back and no one knows your history or chart . It's utter chaos

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Hogan saved my life 10 years ago this past April. If it hadn't been for her I wouldn't be here to give her an exemplarary review. She spends the time with each patient to thoroughly explain every detail of an exam, operation...what have you. Thanks Doc!

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I have been a patient with Dr. Hogan for many years. My experience with her over that time has been that of a relationship that feels more like your speaking with a favorite aunt or friend. Dr. Hogan takes the time to listen, explain, and never rushes you if you have questions. When she asks you what's going on in your life she really wants to know. If you are looking for a doctor that has figured out how to take the clinical feeling out of the doctor patient relationship make an appointment with Dr. Hogan.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

In the end my concerns were invalidated, I was left in excruciating pain, symptoms were dismissed, and my condition may have been worsened due to the treatment I was given. Dr. Hogan did attempt to make amends but her office wouldn't schedule me for 3 weeks, and I already had gynecological surgery scheduled with another doctor in 4 (so I quit!!!!).

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

In my opinion, she's a good doctor but not nearly as good as she thinks. She doesn't listen as well as she might.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

She is wonderful! Dr. Hogan treats you with respect and does not talk down to you. What a great lady!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I have been with Dtr Hogan for years and would not ever think of changing from her.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

I saw Dr. Hogan for the first time b/c my OB was in semi-retirement. Without reviewing my file from my one and only OB, Dr. Hogan told me that my pelvic pain symptoms was adenomyosis requiring a vaginal hysterectomy. The post op path report showed no signs of adenomy! I have had constant vaginal pain and nerve pain. Other examiners said that due to my thinness and lack of prolapse history, I was not a candidate for a vaginal hyst. To alleviate my post operative pain I have done the following: 4 painful nerve ablation surgeries (one out of state), ten morphine epidural injections, physical therapy, tons of visits to pain centers, TNS unit therapy, SPINE SURGERY to ablate the ilioinguinal and hypogastric nerves, pain meds that cloud my thinking. The cervix was removed (which was a surprise to me!) creating 2 yrs of yeast infections. I INJECT MYSELF W MARCAINE...It is difficult to work and it has added pressure to my personal life. It has been time consuming...It has been terrible. RUN.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

I've been a patient for about 20 years and really like her-needless to say! As my primary care physician, she readily will give me a referral when needed. She's caring and an expert in her field.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2008

Dr. Mary P. Hogan's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Coventry Healthcare
  • Coventry
First Health Network
GEHA
Mail Handlers
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
TRICARE