Ratings for Dr. Randall D. Johnson

It has taken 7 years for me to be able to comment while keeping emotions in check. I would never recommend this Dr. to anyone. My father was a patient of Dr. Randall Johnson and we had trusted his care to Dr. Johnson....sadly my father passed away after a battle with cancer that was complicated by the poor care and mangled surgical "skills" of Dr. Johnson. He belittled my father in front of others who were at the office. He lacked compassion and aparently had forgotten the Oath he took.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Dr. Johnson did surgery on my husband this past summer and saved his life. I worked at the hospital where he works for 20 years and personally picked my husband's doctor because I knew them all. There are some excellent surgeons in that group but I wanted him.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

Very helpful, polite and caring. He saved my daughter's life when a clinical trial drug had eaten away 2/3 of her colon. He visited her every day in the hospital and was especially kind and skillful. He told me of her condition after the surgery and was honest, saying that she might not make it. He told my daughter that the surgery went very well and was with her when she regained consciousness. He is not only surgically skilled, but a very concerned about his patients.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

After Dr. Johnson did surgery on me I suffered serious complications. I have been repeatedly hospitalized and now I am being sent to Chapel Hill to see if they can correct what he has done.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

Dr Johnson is a VERY knowledgable surgeon and I recommend him highly. His staff is average. I would recomend him again if needed.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Johnson is truly gifted in his field. He has performed surgery on me twice, 15 years apart, and both times the surgeries were for rare conditions. The last time, he saved my life. I would recommend Dr. Johnson to anyone. My daughter is a nurse at the facility where he works, so she has inside knowledge, and she recommends him as well.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

Had serious multiple life threatening complications for months after he did my surgery. Had to have 2 more surgeries to correct problems from him doing the wrong type of surgery on me which increased the risks and complications. Even another surgeons top nurse who followed me on the heels of Dr. R. Johnson's surgery asked me "why didn't he open you up all the way when he say all of the infection inside you?" I had so many complications and missed 4 months of work in one year plus almost died due to him doing a laparoscopic procedure rather than a laparotomy. I am truly lucky to be alive today given a the severe, multiple, and long lasting medical complications I had after his surgery. The hospital didn't help by misdiagnosing me in the ER with diverticulitis when it was actually a ruptured appendix that Dr. R. Johnson didn't do surgery on till 7, yes seven, days later. Everyone knows people die in a day or two with a ruptured appendix. Once again I'm just glad to be alive!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

excellent doctor and truly cares about his clients and their well being

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

Dr. Randall D. Johnson's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1977)