Ratings for Dr. Bijal Katarki

Have you ever been so mad you can't see straight? Well, that's how I feel right now. I have been going to Dominion Family Healthcare for over 25 years. My primary physician was Dr. Nedelcovych up until he relocated to Florida. Dr. Katarki became my primary physician afterwards. No complaints with her. Today, I had a follow-up appointment and medication check. I walked in and was presented with a set of new (Previa sp?) forms to sign. The young lady at the counter asked for my drivers license and insurance card. I do not currently have insurance so I did not have one to give her. I filled out the forms and turned them back in. There was a tall blonde haired heavyset woman sitting directly behind the young lady I was speaking to. She asked me "Well, if you do not have insurance how do you plan to pay?" I told her I would pay the same way I always have paid as a self-pay, by check. She got up from her chair and left the room. Two minutes later she came back and said that Dr. Katarki would not see me today if I was paying by check. I asked why? She said it was because she claims they have had problems with my checks in the past and then asserted that I still owed them $50. "Bullshit" I said. Each time I have been in this office I have always paid my bill IN FULL. Why? Because that is their policy for self-payers. I don't owe them $50! I remember paying that over 9 months ago (three visits ago) Why? Because another lady I usually pay before I leave the office told me I had an outstanding balance. So, I paid it. I am currently in recovery from a heart attack that I had last year. I wanted so badly to give that woman hell and argue my point but, I felt that my health is more important than dealing with this woman of demonsterable character. I am very upset that this woman, who claims to be the accountant, alleges that I still owe money. The fact that she AND Dr. Katarki REFUSED TO SEE ME per my scheduled appointment is unprofessional and a mockery of the professional ethics all doctors are morally upheld to when treating patients in need. I abruptly asked for my medical records. She (the blonde continued) "We have 20 days by law to furnish those to you and there are 26 people ahead of you right now" said smiling. I asked how much will a copy of my medical records cost and she said $25. I then filled out the form and checked the box to receive my records 'By Mail'. I know sometimes people have bad days, and I also know some people are just assholes because they like to be...but, the way this went down today really upset me. Here's how they should have handled it. Take me in for the scheduled appointment. And, as I prepared to pay for my visit, she could have very easily pulled up my account on the computer (as they always do) and tell me what the balance currently do is. I would have paid it and that would have been that. But, no, this 'accountant' woman had to make things difficult. Very unprofessional and outright rude. Just for clarification sakes, now that I'm home...I pulled up my bank account showing the last three checks I had written to Dominion Family Healthcare. EACH SAY 'PAID IN FULL' in the Memo field. So, now I'm faced with the unwanted additional stress of having to go out and find another general practitioner. And, once my medical records come in...I'll be doing just that. IN SUMMARY - Don't waste your time or energy going to Dominion Family Healthcare. Now, that they are part of some large corporate machine they are no longer a friendly, personable, caring place to seek medical counsel / attention. I thought I would feel better after I wrote this review...however, I am still fuming.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I would definitely recommend Dr. Katarki, she was knowledgeable and was very caring with my problem. The staff was very nice and helpful. The Office Manager was very helpful with a billing and insurance question. I was able to get in to see her fairly quickly and will be a returning patient.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

WORST OFFICE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO. THE DOCTOR IS RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND HAS NO BEDSDE MANOR. THE OFFICE MANGER IS RUDE AND SHE LOOKS LIKE STRAIGHT TRASH. THE STAFF ARE INCOMPITENT!! STAY AWAY.

Submitted July 28, 2014

Worst office I have ever been in......rude staff including the office manager. Rude doctor. Had to wait for nothing. Will not return....would not recommend.

Submitted May 7, 2014

The Staff is very RUDE. The office manager call me to say I owed money and that they would turn it over to collections. I advised that I did not owe any money, the Manager called me a lie and hung up the phone. I called to speak to doctor and make an appointment. They refused to allow me to make appointment until a bill was paid. As it turns out, they failed to properly submit the claim to insurance company. I will not be going back to her.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

The office staff was often RUDE on the phone.They spoke rhetorically,as if I should have already known whatever they said.I felt as if I was doing something wrong.I cancelled several appointments WELL in advance,but was billed missed appointment fees anyway.They dropped them when I complained-then did it again.This happened several times!After I had seen her for a while,Dr. Katarki asked me,glaring at me over lowered glasses"DO you smoke?"I have never smoked a cigarette in my life,but I felt-with her-like I was lying.The WORST thing was that she grabbed my belly with both hands and said "Lose this!." I need to lose weight,but I still have my dignity.I am done with her,and her office.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Went to see Dr.Katarki for an annual checkup. This was our (me and my wife) first time seeing her as we recently moved to Reston, VA. About two weeks later, we got a call from a staff who works at Dr.Katarki's office. I missed a call and there was a voicemail left asking me to call back regarding prescription information. I have been calling them for past two weeks to get the prescription information but no one answers the phone. I left a number of voicemails but they never return my call. I and my wife are very frustrated because we cannot get our medicine without the prescription. This is one of the worst doctors I've ever seen and will never go back to her.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

I have seen this Dr. about 5 times. Once I was self pay and the others I had insurance. But I felt the Dr. listened to what I had to say and answered my questions. I felt she was friendly enough. Now the staff on the other hand - not so helpful. For one, I had an issue with my insurance comp asking for more medical info - waiting to get that from the Dr.'s office . I'd call many times and they'd say, 'Oh, we never received anything/request." That was their answer all the time. Least to say that overdue bill was going to be sent to collections so I just went ahead and paid it. Even though my insurance said it was still pending and to hold it and that I should've never been billed by the office in the first place. "Oh, we never got any message.." they'd say. That will be the last time I go there

flag | Submitted December 22, 2012

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

Dr. Never returns calls. No matter how many times you call. You will have to go back and see the doctor and pay again even if you have the slightest question. They charge additional $15 to draw blood which is ridiculous. I would avoid this doctor

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Dr. Bijal Katarki's Credentials

• L T M Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA