Ratings for Dr. Richard Halpert

I work in the medical field so I know how easy it is to forget your patient doesn't do this every day and remember to explain what you are doing and be compassionate and all that jazz but I just hope I've never made a patient feel the way Dr. Halpert made me feel. I left his office crying, be kinder and gentler please, don't rush and be condescending and arrogant, listen to your patients, don't make someone feel the way you made me feel again.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Excellent doctor but lacks in the punctually department

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

I have been a patient for over 15 years. Both Halpert & Sommers have delivered both of my children. Dr. Halpert is one of the best Ob/Gyn's out there. With one of my pregnancies, at 12 weeks he noticed my baby had Cystic Hygroma which is near impossible to detect until later on in one's pregnancy. To double check he sent me to Stony Brook for a more throrough sonogram. They not only confirmed his diagnosis but told me they were shocked and impressed he was able to see that on the sonogram at 12 weeks and also told me that I would have a miscarriage by 6 months and urged me to terminate my pregnancy putting my health first. The wait IS long and as for the staff, they are as kind as they can be. I have yet to find an office where the staff insn't rude having the 'I don't care attitude" or giving you the impression that you are a burden to them. I'm not there to see them, I am there for the expertise of the doctor so I will wait the hour or two because I know I am in great hands with them!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

I have been seeing dr halpert for over 20 years and I think he is great. He makes you feel very at ease. He answers all my questions and spends as much time with me as I need.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Waited over 2 hours for a primary visit. I walked out and then came back figuring that since I waited so long, I might as well be seen. Was finally seen (crying at this point as my preggo hormones were kicking in) and he says, "i don't know why you had to wait so long as we weren't running behind." Really???

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Worst bedside manner!! Staff awful and doctors worse. I switched practices well into my pregnancy at about 22 weeks. Steer clear of this practice. They are the worst!!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

Hands down Halpert & Sommers operations since the days of old through current day = best best best experience ever. Too many good things come from their practice. In my area, word-of-mouth means many friends and family also affiliated with such fine doctors, for years and all are happy - not one has a negative thing to say for their own experiences. Doesn't get much finer ladies. Anyone have a bad experience that went unresolved? Well maybe you didn't speak up, or maybe the problem was fueled by your own hand in it. Or maybe ultimately an issue with ur insurance company. Or.... Maybe you are one in a million and wish it was Lotto. No like? Go away then, leaves more time open for others to make appointments. *** Ronkonkoma & Neighbors Love Personal Women's Care, partnered and fueled by experts with love, caring, and concern for their patients' well-being. Period. ***

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Halpert has been my gyn since 1984. He also took care of both my daughters' pregnancies and deliveries. I find him to be kind and compassionate, willing to answer questions, no matter how embarrassing (to me). I give him credit for helping to save my life with I discovered a lump in my breast in 2002. He immediately made an appointment with Dr. Brian O'Hea, possibly one of the best breast surgeons in NY at the Baldwin Breast Center in Stony Brook. The appointment was for the next day, he made all the arrangements for me. He called me at 8 pm to inform me about my appointment, for the usual wait for Dr. 'Ohea can be 1 month or more. I can never thank him enough. He is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

I only saw Halpert. I left that practice after a few years because I thought he was arrogant. The best thing to come outta my relationship with that practice was I was diagnosed by their PA for hypothyroidism. Coulda kissed her. On one exam, Halpert decided to do a small biopsy. DAMN. THEN he tells me: it looks like you might have an infection. Then why did you do a biopsy? And, when I commented that this would explain the ache that I was feeling in my abdomen, he blurted out: oh, that shouldn't....then stopped himself, but too late, damage done.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

I love Sommers and Halpert! My wholes family uses them and we have been for years! I haven't waited longer than a half hour. I live in NYC and drive to Smithtown for my monthly appts because I'm only comfortable having them deliver my child.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Richard Halpert's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1984)

Workers Comp