Ratings for Dr. Riley J. Williams

Incredibly arrogant.RUDE,AWFUL office staff.Called 6x/1 month to schedule cortisone shot expressed displeasure over his secretary who HUNG UP on me and he sent me certified letter dropping me as patient. AWFUL, a Diva! Horrible office team who ruins his reputation and he defends. Great doctors in NYC stay miles away from him unless you play hoops for the Nets!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I had Tommy John surgery two months ago and i am already two months ahead of protocol. The only complaint that I had was time being seen.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Great doctor; successful replacement surgeries; trust him; top notch

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Williams is good but his staff is so bad (and rude) that you might as well go to somebody else. The procedure is only one aspect of a surgery. The follow up and coordination are as important for me. His team of women assistants have been casted right from the Truman show. They don't call back or email back and you can't get anything done because it's not clear who is responsible for what. In any case wether it's an MRI or an authorization for PT sessions or to confirm a visit with Dr. Williams you will be going through some Kafkian nightmare.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Dr. William operated on my left leg for a torn meniscus 4 years ago, now the right is having the same problem. I would never let another doctor touch me for this problem. Once you've had the best why would you go to any other doctor. His Asst Melissa helped me so much also. they were very concern and caring.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Had surgery on 10/23/13...awesome...after an injury that happened while I was away on vacation I was refered by a friend who is a wold class athelete...saw me immediately and did surgery the following day. Staff (especially PA) was patient with questions and responded in a timely matter....good with emails and electronic documents.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Horrible staff. Not helpfull. they are confused.Doctor is confused too. They never get back to you.They change their mind. They just send you the bill promptly.STAY AWAY

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

OK...I am a native New Yorker and retired NYPD detective. Dr. Williams is a GREAT person and a BRILLIANT doctor!!!. Dr. Williams has performed MICROFRACTURE surgery on my right knee, and another surgery scheduled for my left knee. Many surgeons aren't even trained in microfracture surgery, but he is. I have visited doctors from NYC and Long Island and many surgeons are NOT willing to think "outside the box" and perform complex surgeries. Dr. Williams is reliable and talks in a manner that anyone can understand. He is stellar in his approach and has experience with professional athletes and the regular "working Joe". In my opinion ( a former college athlete and 20 yr NYPD veteran ) I wouldn't trust any surgery without first consulting with Dr. Williams. New York HSS is second to none as a hospital and his staff is always willing to help for these surgeries. For any knee and shoulder problems he is " THE BEST"..!!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Dr. Williams performed a surgery on me about 9 weeks ago. Per his instruction, I scheduled a follow up visit for week 7. The night before that appt, his staff called me to inform that he wouldn't be able to see me and rescheduled the appt for a week later. Getting there on time and still in pain, I was put to wait for over 1 hour. When i asked his nurse to see him quickly since i had to go back to work and didn't want to leave without telling the procedure had not yet produced the desired results. She told me that he was with a more important case and couldn't see me anytime soon. I protested asking why had they schedule the appt then?! I insisted to talk with him. As he enters the room, I asked: "dude, what happened?". His answer: "this is not going to work for me" and stormed out of the room. His poor management skills and disregard for patient's pain compounded with poorly trained staff made me ask for my charts and take my case somewhere else. Don't see him. There better ones in NY

flag | Submitted March 30, 2013