Dr. Richard D. Ranne

Ratings for Dr. Richard D. Ranne

Dr. Ranne was on call when my nephew came into the ER. He choked on some food but after Dr.Ranne went in to get the food, he found problems with his esophagus. He was SO VERY patient, understanding, warm, and willing to answer all questions. Very good doctor!!!!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Our 5 year old son was diagnosed with pneumonia and after not being treated properly in Midland, TX he developed an abscess in his lung. We were transported to Covenant Children's Hospital in Lubbock and put under the care of Dr. Ranne. He was absolutely fantastic. After being told in Midland to expect major surgery to remove the abscess (basically opening our 5 year olds chest) Dr. Ranne approached our care very conservatively. He communicated well, was very calm, did not give false hope, and took excellent care of our son. We have lived a lot of places and have had medical care at the Mayo Clinic, UCLA, and San Diego and I would put Dr. Ranne at the top of his field. I would highly recommend him and trust him completely. We were very fortunate to be put under his care.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

Dr Ranne did a very good job w/my child. He was very concerned w/my childs welfare.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

Dr.Ranne saved my daughter's life when she was 2 weeks old.He diagnosed her upon first meeting,and was 100% correct about everything he did during his treatment of my daughter.In conjunction w/ Dr.Kimberling and his wonderful staff my daughter only has a mild heart murmur after being born w/ a bifricated aortic arch and 2 septal deviations.In addition he beautifully performed her g-tube placement surgery.I have also met many others who have appreciated his work, including my aunt who worked in the PICU at St.Francis Hospital, and witnessed an emergency open-heart surgery performed by Dr.Ranne.If he had not been present, I feel that my daughter would not have had as successful a recovery, and perhaps worse. I am grateful every day for our good fortune.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

Excellent, knowledgeable, compassionate surgeon and staff. Would highly recommend. We trust him with our child's life.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2010

My son had been sick since he was born. At 1 month he did surgery on him and was great. We had to come back two months later and he had to have another surgery. My son is now very healthy and just had his first birthday. Wouldn't have happened without Dr. Ranne's help!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

All three of our sons have been operated on by Dr Ranne at some point in their lives. He doesn't say much unless you ask him directly. Then he is thorough and straight forward - no muss, no fuss with the information. He takes the time to make sure you understand and have all your questions answered. He's even called me directly (having to try 3 different numbers to reach me) to discuss my questions and my child's situation. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010

Extremely helpful and compassionate. He is quiet but explains things well and answers all questions. Our daughter did great and we felt that she received excellent care from this surgeon and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

Very helpful and competent, experienced, we were really pleased.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

Dr. Ranne was horrid for us. He left our sons chest open for weeks! He left town and our child suffered the consequences. He did well in surgery, but after was horrible. I would go to houston if I had it to do over, but my son is dead and we don't have a choice.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2010

Dr. Richard D. Ranne's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1977)

AARP