Ratings for Dr. John F. Guarino

He performed a colonoscopy on me and I can't say enough good things about him. He was very professional and knowledgeable. The conversations I had with him during consultation and before/after procedure were right to the point and clear. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2019

Funny looking here every review was for hernia surgery. They told me he didn’t do hernia surgery and I had to go to his partner. Had an appointment with his partner Dr. Maria Castilla for two weeks. Had to schedule to be off by 3:30pm. Got a call three days before they wanted to change my appointment to 2:40pm or reschedule in two weeks. I had to jump through a LOT of hoops to be able to get there by 2:40pm but I did. The day of my appointment I got a call at 12:45pm. They said I had to be there by 1:30pm or we had to reschedule in two weeks. I asked why and the very rude office girl told me Dr. Castilla was a surgeon and does whatever she wants. Now after all that they expect me to reschedule? I am going to find another surgeon. If they treat me like this for an initial consultation imagine how they will be scheduling surgery.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

Dr. Guarino performed a hernia surgery on me in February 2013. Everything went well and post surgery events were as expected. I would recommend Dr. Guarino with no reservations.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2013

Doctor Guarino was great. I had an inguinal hernia i went to see my doctor at 9am by 10:30am i was in surgery under dr. Guarinos care. The anesthesiologist was a little upsetting the doctors were trying to get me in as quickly as possible and they kept delaying everything, but from what i understand they are a separate company. Dr. Guarino and his staff took very good care of me and my wife. He must of done a very good job recovery was suppose to take weeks its only been 4 days and i feel great. Thank you to doc and his staff!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Dr. Guarino is a great surgeon, he is extremely knowledgable, and caring. He has treated both my mother and myself. I highly recommend him to anyone who is in need of a surgeon.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

a very caring Doctor, who with God Saved my life...i feel very blessed to have found this doctor...he took the time i needed and answered evry ones questions......great staff also.....would definatly recomend him to others!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

The absolute best doctor & staff! The doctor and staff skillfully cared for me in spite of the fact that I was uninsured. The hospital refused to schedule my surgery without payment in full up front. Dr. Guarino called the hospital, and straightened that out to where I could make payment arrangements. I have nothing but the best things to say about him and his staff. He also came highly recommended by a friend who is a cancer survivor. This doctor and staff, is very caring and very skilled!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

While he may be skilled surgically, his bedside manner is less than stellar. He was abrupt, clinical to the point of cold and uninterested in taking a few moments to calm the fears of an elderly patient. We would neither return nor recommend.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr. Guarino is an awesome physician! My experience with him and his staff was great! No problems at all! Dr. Guarino performed a colonoscopy on me and everything went off without a hitch. He was right on time and the procedure was explained and carried out in a very professional, caring manner. I have lived in Punta Gorda for many years and Dr. Guarino is one of the best surgeons in town! There are several surgeons in Charlotte County I would not take my dog to! And the cardiologist are ever worse!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2010

The staff is especailly confused. They put you in this "interragation" room when you are self pay. The women tells you all her personal problems. They lost my surgury appointment twice and when we called to find out when we had surgery they were very upset with us for "bothering them - we are a doctors office, not a phone service". When I filed a complaint about how I was being treated by the staff the office administrator had the lady I complained about call me at work to fix the problem. I told her I had customers and she wouldn't stop, I told her I would call her back. She didn't like that and told the doctor I was agitated and upset, he then decided to take her word for it (even though I wasn't upset at all) and said they did not want me as a patient. This was all done after the doctor told me he thinks I have cancer in my lyphnodes. No compasion at all. They also admitidly charge the insurance company $4000 more then self pay customers. It's a horrible place.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

Dr. John F. Guarino's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1990)