Ratings for Dr. Alan O'Connor

i also had a bad experience here. i came here with my family for almost a year and told him i dont want to sign up for any more yearly plans. he was pissed off and turned his back on me. its unfortunate as he can adjust but he is all about the money.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

His adjustments are really fast and over priced for the time spent with you. I've been going to Dr. Alan for a few months and I feel zero difference. Staff is very friendly but I'd have to agree with the other comment before staff is overly friendly in a very creepy way

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Genuine Doctor and person. Dr. Alan, Staff, his wife, and Dr. Meredith are all extremely knowledgable and driven to help you! When my family and I could not afford the expertise care, they were able to provide an exchange of service and lower my payment down to something that I could afford. In the future when I am back on my feet, I will pay them back more than full price. If you go into an MD or any other specificalist, they make loads of money off of your pain and suffering, you need to give credit where credit belongs when you are getting better and finding your health again! This is a miracle! This team doesn't make anywhere close to enough figures for what they do for our community. All the people who are on here bashing this clinic and the people who make all of this happen are taking such an emotional stand point and quitting approach. You're not going to get yourresults if you don't believe and do your part. Also, you're not coming into the clinic to talk about sports or to catch up, you're coming into be realigned so you can heal, just like we are taught!! I'm forever grateful for the health and function that has been restored inside my body and the maintenance on my family. Dr. Alan is specific and gentle with each of us and cares about all of us on a personal level. I recommend this clinic and staff 100times over and over again!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

Incredible Doctor, and a fascinating adjuster. He is encouraging and genuinely cares about your health. Thank you Dr. Alan!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

I have had nothing but great experiences at the Spinal Garage.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr. Alan is the best chiropractor I've ever been to! Since seeing him, I no longer have any neck/ back pain, from which I have suffered for many years. Not only that, but I have also seen a remarkable difference in my overall health. I know for an absolute fact that Dr. Alan's number one priority is his patients health. For all of you who are saying that it is a "money scam" or that they only care about the money, you are so beyond wrong it's not even funny. Try to remember that being a chiropractor is a specialty and no matter who you go to, it will be expensive. I have always been treated with the utmost care and respect by everyone at The Spinal Garage. I recommend them to everyone I know: friends, family, even complete strangers! I have seen bad chiropractors before and Dr.Alan is not one of them. He truly is a diamond! Thank you Dr. Alan for everything you do... you have completely changed my life!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Dr. Alan is one of the best manual adjusters hands down and has great intuition. As long as I am in KW I will be at the Spinal Garage. I value the care, I feel fantastic and I have no problems or concerns. People who comment negatively seem to be incapable of separating emotion from business/chiropractic. There are always two sides to the coin. There is no harm in getting a spinal assessment, opinion or trying a different approach. Thank you Dr. Alan.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

The staff at The Spinal Garage are very friendly, but almost too friendly in kind of a creepy way, if that makes any sense. I found The Spinal Garage on a Google search for chiropractors in my area and unfortunately I didn't see these negative reviews before I went there. My first appointment involved a "free assessment" which turned into $75 for a couple very simplistic diagnostics (one was literally standing on two scales to test my weight distribution between my two legs...), then $40 for a 2-minute adjustment. I was given a sheet of paper that said that I had to come back another day for a 2-hour presentation, which involved information about chiropractic, and their payment plans, etc. etc. I wasn't born yesterday, obviously this was going to be a high-pressure sales pitch (apparently spouses are "required" to come to this... in what other type of practice would this ever be the case?) and I had no interest in sitting through anything of the sort so I told the front desk staff I couldn't make it, and could I please just make another appointment for an adjustment. They looked at me with the gravest concern and said, "oh no, this is the most important part of your treatment!" and essentially gave me no option besides coming to the presentation, and getting adjusted then. PLUS - and this is super sketchy - they have held my receipts hostage and said that I'd receive them when I came for the presentation. I don't have insurance so I need those receipts for income tax purposes, and I've spent a fair amount of money there and don't have receipts yet. I have a feeling this is probably illegal. At very least, it's extremely questionable.

Submitted August 29, 2015

I gave the staff a 5 but that excludes Alan's wife Susanne. Susanne so money hungry and you can tell she runs the books but has no idea how to run the office. Alan will say he wants to help and its about healing however I don't think he knows Susanne makes it all about the money. they used to have a woman at the front desk names K, she was amazing best customer I have ever experienced anywhere was from her, she was the heart beat of that place! Too bad they couldn't keep her in the office. Alan is a good chiropractor just very stuck in his ways. I saw both Dr. Meredith and Dr. Matt different times while under care they are fantastic. See them if you can. Alan is NEVER on time for anything! I've waited up to an hour for my '1 minute' adjustment and he doesn't acknowledge or apologize.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

You can see Dr. Alan's passion for chiropractic from the moment you meet him. He cares about each and everyone of his patients and goes the extra mile. I have tried many chiropractors and Dr. Alan is by far the best! His staff is amazing, very warm and inviting. The Spinal Garage feels like an extension of my family and I know that each associate there genuinely cares about my healing. I would try The Spinal Garage Wellness Centre its by far Kitcheners hidden gem.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Alan O'Connor's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alan is the founder of The Spinal Garage. Dr. Alan is one of the most well known Chiropractors in Canada for specific spinal correction and wellness. He resides in Kitchener, Ontario with his wife and 4 children spreading the message of Chiropractic and Wellness to all in his community.

• English
  • French

• Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (Grad. 1993)
  • University of Waterloo (Grad. 1988)

• Readers Choice Award Diamond Status for #1 Clinic in the Region in 2016