Ratings for Dr. Stephen F Conti

I had a fusion of my great toe and surgery on the second toe as well. Both had pins in them. I spent 8 weeks on a knee walker and did everything I was told to do. I was told to give it a year to fully heal. After a year I went back with numbness and altered sensation in both toes. Looking at the X-ray things appear to be ok. It's NOT ok. I can't feel my second toe. Dr Conti insinuated that it was in my head. No Dr Conti. It's in my FOOT. Now the tip of my great toe is starting to bend way in and rubs on the second toe and I am developing a painful callous there. The great toe is basically deformed now. I'm not sure who to go to. I'm UPMC insurance and no UPMC doctor is going to question Dr Conti's work. I have a trip coming up next month to Switzerland. Last year I developed a painful blister under the great toe on the very first day of my trip. Now I have to deal with this callous developing. I agree with so many of the others on here. He is arrogant. Someone did something wrong with this surgery !!!! I would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

Worst experience ever with dr conti. Had surgery in January and wasn't able to see him til after July 1st. They made me an emergency appointment and made me wait 1 hour and half in waiting room after the scheduled appt time. They have no care about the patients and only want to do the surgery to take your money and not help you afterward if it doesn't go well. Extremely frustrated and upset that I choose him and his practice would not recommend even to my enemies.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I had surgery on my ankle and bunion area in January. Was told 12 weeks recovery time. Ended up being 16-20 weeks recovery time and worst thing is dr conti I havent got to see since my surgery day in January. His PA chad is nice but they are very difficult to schedule with and will not follow up on anything. Been trying to schedule an appointment since April to make sure the healing was going as scheduled and I am experiencing soreness and pain and they will not give me a appointment or help out at all. Overall horrible experience w the whole situation and would not recommend.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

I do not understand why this surgeon is understood to be one of the best foot & ankle specialists in the region. I had a fairly minor problem, and he performed what should have been an easy surgery with statistically excellent outcomes, but something went horribly wrong through that surgery: now I am in a wheelchair--and I'm not very old. After the surgery, he refused to help me figure out what had gone wrong and how to correct the problem. I have also found Dr. Conti to be mendacious. I strongly recommend avoiding this surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

I went through 15 years of treatment from orthopedic surgeons and podiatrists, and finally drove 7 hours to see dr Conti. Got a definitive cure! Went back and had surgery on my other foot. Excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Several years ago I went for a consultation with Dr. Conti. His resident or intern or whatever they call them was not nice in commenting on my problem from another doctor with a previous bunionectomy that created a worse situation for me, as if it was my fault I was there. Then Dr. Conti came in and responded to my situation with foul language and rudeness towards me, as if he defended the previous doctor and again, I was at fault for seeking help from a deformed foot! A mild bunion does not deserve a foot with toes that are so overcorrected that they seem to be giving the peace sign. I came in there looking for help, was told he was the best, but I could never have someone like that operate on me, and I would never want to pay him for anything again. I felt so bad I broke down into tears right in his office. But they don't care about the patient and there is no "bed side manner" with Dr. Conti; at least that was my experience and that of others I have spoken with.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

It took me 6 months to get into to Dr. Conti. On the intital visit i thought he was arrogant and didn't elaborate on the surgery. I felt just because it was run of the mill procedure for him, he should try to explain what he was planning on doing. On the day of surgery, I never saw the man. As a matter of fact i'm not sure he was the one who performed the surgery. Seventeen days later i went back to his office and still never saw Dr. Conti. This visit was with Chad. My problem was never corrected and I would never refer anyone to this man.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

I first met Dr. Conti, while he was working along with my original orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Daniel Altman (who is ALSO excellent). Dr. Altman and his crew did a reconstruction on my right foot and ankle, which had been crushed due to a serious auto accident I was involved in, on Nov. 26th, 2001. After a series of surgeries to complete what needed to be done, there was still some arthritic pain going through my foot. Later, I found it was due to some of the bones not healing correctly, some of which had collapsed, as well. I was then referred to Dr. Stephen Conti, who, along with his assistant, Chad Peterson, helped me tremendously. Eventually, on Jan. 19th of 2007, Dr. Conti and his crew did a bone-fusion surgery on my foot. Although I was informed that I would not have as much movement in my foot, this surgery alleviated the pain I was experiencing, greatly! Thank you, Dr. Conti. I appreciate the help that both of my doctors provided during the past ten years. :-)

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

Dr. Conti and I met by "accident" in 1994... He is never on time, so bring a good book... He is, however, the best foot and ankle surgeon and I would not trust my feet to anyone else.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

I saw Dr. Conti perhaps for 4 minutes and then dealt with his Assistant Chad. Chad was merciless. He removed a pin by yanking it out. The second time he removed a pin he used a spray that made it come out effortlessly. He could have used the spray the first time. My bunion foot hurts now more than ever. I had the surgery over two years ago and regret it.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Dr. Stephen F Conti's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 1986)