Ratings for Dr. David Brian Ethier

I agree with these reviews as my experience here was terrible and the botched job he did with partial knee replacement and tearing my hip during surgery has devastated my life. Insurance approved a full knee replacement and he did a partial and meniscus repair.....and billed for three procedures, all the while over charging me also. Incredible. Then of course he wants nothing to do with you and sends you off for pain management to the tune of seven steroid injections in one year which as to be damaging to your body also. Horrible experience.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Great! He is the best. Scheduled appointment for a second opinion with Dr. Ethier. What a great experience. He is the best surgeon. Wish I had met him years ago. Highly competent and compassionate. My family loved him too!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

I had knee replacement by Dr. Ethier in 2011. Following surgery I had severe pain with physical therapy. Dr. Ethier did not see me for SEVEN weeks following surgery. Because of pain I only achieved 80 degrees of flexion and therefore could not go up and down stairs or get in or out of a car without pain. My activities were severely limited even though I was in excellent health EXCEPT for my knee. I had revision of my knee replacement this year after 21 months of pain. I now have excellent range of motion and no pain. Please see another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

I have no doubt, Dr. Ethier is a good doctor. His staff however is incompetent,nasty and rude. In fact they are out and out liars. Prior to my first visit, I spoke to several people on the staff, to please verify that this practice was in my network and that my Copays would be accepted as payment. Each of them assured that everything was OK with my insurance. They even had me scheduled for Surgery under these false pretenses. Luckily I received an EOB from my insurance prior to my Surgery, showing that they were not in Network. They are now trying to make me pay an inflated bill for that first visit. When I questioned them about it, they lied and said the insurance Co. lied to them.If that's the way they do business, I would suggest anyone thinking of going there to run, don't walk away from there, before they try to pull the wool over your Eyes too!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

I went to Dr.Ethier on the advice of one of my friends who had undergone surgery with Dr. Ethier. She had a great outcome and couldn't be happier with Dr. Ethier and his office. I was having a problem with my knee and severe swelling to the point of pain even when walking. When I called I was given an appointment that day! Dr. Ethier was wonderful. He has a great personality and put me at ease. He took off fluid from my knee and gave me an injection. I felt better immediately. He is such a popular doctor that I saw several of my neighbors there too! I think he is a great doctor and I am truly happy to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2012

I wrote a review two days ago and was too harsh. Perhaps it was my particular knee anatomy that caused my problem. Dr Ethier was responsive and caring.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

I had knee replacement surgery 19 months ago by Dr. Ethier. I had SIGNIFICANT pain for 7 weeks following surgery. I currently cannot climb stairs, get in or out of a car, etc., without pain. I can flex my knee to only 85 degrees. I was evaluated recently by an orthopedist in another state. He reviewed my operative report and recent x-rays and told me my pain and lack of flexion was due to poor surgery. My only option is to have a second knee replacement which will result in significant bone loss. I am 63, in excellent health (except for my knee), college educated, physically active, and my husband is a retired surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

THIS DOCTOR USES PARTIAL KNEE REPLACEMENTS. MY WAS TOO LARGE, TOO LOOSE AND HE CUT TOO MUCH BONE AWAY. I HAD SEVERE PAIN FROM THE FIRST DAY. HE TOLD ME IT WAS THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG. WENT TO ANOTHER SURGEON AFTER 2 YEARS OF SEVERE SUFFERING AND HE TOLD ME THE BONE WAS CUT TOO MUCH. I NOW HAVE A FULL KNEE, A PLATE TO REPLACE THE BONE AND A SCREW. DR. ETHIER HAS DONE THIS TO AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE WE KNOW OF. NO DOCTOR USES PARTIAL KNEE REPLACEMENTS ON ANYONE OVER 50, HE LIED CONSTSANLY TO ME, TELLING ME IT WAS NOTHING.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2012

Outstanding in all respects

flag | Submitted April 18, 2006

Dr. David Brian Ethier's Credentials

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences (Grad. 1982)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Belleview, FL