Ratings for Dr. Anne T. Carlon

I have been seeing Dr. Carlon for 30 years. Throughout that time, she has always been caring, straightforward and generous with her time as I asked a blizzard of questions while going through infertility treatments and the transition to menopause. I think very highly of her as a physician; not only is she very knowledgeable and competent but Dr. Carlon practices the art of personalized medicine which is, sadly, fast disappearing. She always answers my questions and takes an extra moment to ask about my husband and children as well as how the rest of my non-medical life is going. Moreover, she has been extremely helpful and kind to a member of my family, making a good referral during a crisis and then calling me later to see how that family member was faring. I know that her husband does the bone scans in the practice but I don't mind because he does a good job! After they found I had osteo-penia, Dr. Carlon devised an exercise regimen for me that slowed its progress. Really, I can't say enough about Dr. Carlon….

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr Carlon has been my doctor since the early 1990s. She delivered both of my children, both of whom had complications. She is unfailingly kind, cheerful, straightforward and helpful. She takes the time to answer every question and she never condescends. I really like her. I also have liked her referrals to other doctors. I trust her, which is very, very important to me.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Stay away from this doctor. She has no idea what she is doing and should not be practicing medicine. Her husband is the "business manager" and she should not be treating patients. She never responded to my calls, was just worried about taking vacation and misdiagnosed me. Please caution others not to have this terrible experience

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

dr carlon has been my ob for 7 years, and delivered both of my children by c-section. i found her to be very calm, straightforward, and soothing!! she's a great surgeon and extremely attentive. i feel lucky to have her as my doc!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

Strongly caution against using this doctor. This practice is a business first and foremost. We left it years ago after two bad experiences. There are so many good, caring, genuine doctors out there. Be sure to use one of them.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Carlon has been my gyn for 23 years (and also Ob) and I have been extremely pleased with her as we have gone through my different stages from pregnancy to menapause and now the earliest stage of breast cancer. She saved my daughter's life when she was born -- I was induced and she saw the fetal heart monitor going down and she rushed me in for a c-section because the cord had been wrapped a round her neck. Now my daughter is a very healthy 22 year old young woman. She has always given me all of the time I needed to ask all of my questions at every stage of my life and also was a great support when going through some difficult times. I would highly recommend her. Another anecdote: Although I was having very bad hot flashes during menapause, she was very conservative about not offering hormonal treatment -- which in the end would have made the breast cancer worse which I later developed -- it was caught in stage 0 -- very lucky.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

She is simply the BEST. She delivered my daughter and I would not go to anyone else. I continue to be a patient even though I moved an hour outside of NYC. I had Gestational Diabetes and my endocrinologist said I was lucky to have Dr. Carlon because many doctors wouldn't have caught it since the first test was borderline. She has also referred me to some of the best doctors in NYC for other issues. I feel so lucky to have her!!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2010

Dr. Carlon was my Dr. for 10 years and I moved away and came back after 3 years. She wanted to treat me as a new patient and charge $500. Outrageous! I was never able to get an appointment when I had a problem and was told I had to wait 6 weeks. I also thought it was deceptive when she kept telling me her office did Bone Density Tests and no reason to go to a radiologist for them. I finally had one done by her office only to discover it was her husband that did them. She should have told me that the doctor doing them on staff was her husband.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

Dr. Carlon is hands down the best OB/GYN ever! I have been a patient of hers for over 20 years and she has delivered both of my children. She is incredibly attentive, knowledgeable and skilled. She's a wonderful person too! One of a kind. I can't say enough about her. I'm so lucky to have stumbled upon her way back when. Her staff is top knotch as well.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

I feel so fortunate to have found Dr. Carlon when I did--she was my first and only ob/gyn and she has always been the perfect combination of exremley professional, through, knowledgable and sincerely caring. Two different times I had some serious issues come up (which I was kucky enough to have turn out to be fine) but her personal attention to me during those times was the kind of treatment we all pray to receive from our doctors. I would never leave her care by choice and know a number of other patients who feel just as I do. Her staff is equally caring, although I think my favorite nurse there may have recently left. Anyway, if you are in NYC and can afford to see her, Dr. Carlon is the best!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2009

Dr. Anne T. Carlon's Credentials

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med, Durham Nc 27710 (Grad. 1983)

MAMSI