Ratings for Dr. George D. Martinez

My wife and I have been seeing Dr Martinez for over 20yrs. He has been a great Dr and we're both very happy with him. I get a physical every year at work and as I got older my cholesterol went up. I had two doctors recommend that I get on cholesterol medication as a way to fix the problem. Dr Martinez talked to me about changing my diet first which I did and I was able to lower it and haven't had to take any medication. I'm very thankful for his guidance and happy that I don't take any cholesterol medication.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Martinez has been my family Dr. for 20 yrs. he now specializes in hormones and I feel amazing...for years I I was sluggish and wasn't sure what was causing it..Dr. Martinez got me on the right levels of hormones I was lacking and worked with me on my thyroid until he got me where I needed to be....I couldn't be happier with the medical advice he's given me....

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

He is the rudest doctor I have ever encountered. I have never in my life been spoken to by a healthcare professional the way he spoke to me. He didn't want to listen and cut me off while I was explaining why I was there. I will never go back again. Be warned!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

- New Job gave me insurance. - I waited until I was sick to select a PCP (I know... I know) - His office was located near my home. So I made an appointment and went over. - I am SHOCKED that it is in a strip mall - Dark and Dirty inside. - I check in, fill out new patient paperwork and take a seat. - 10 minutes later a nurse walks up to me and asks if I just need a doctor's note for work, because he'll write me one and we can skip the office visit and be on my way. - Shocked. - I explain that I actually need a PCP and needed a new doc. So yes, I wanted to SEE the doctor... Plus... umm... I WAS SICK. (I've been coughing profusely in their waiting area... it's very obvious I'm sick.) Needless to say, the doc said hi for 2 seconds. Prescribed me some medicines that he didn't explain and wrote me a dr's note. I never got the prescriptions filled. And I immediately found another doctor. It was a JOKE. How he made it through medical school, I have no idea. UGH. Stay FAR FAR AWAY.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2013

I am shocked by the negative reviews of Dr. Martinez. I recently saw him for a checkup and followup, and he spent 45 minutes examining and talking to me both times. He is not bubbly or coddling, but I don't need that. I just need someone who listens and knows his stuff, and that's what I found with Dr. Martinez. He knows not only traditional western medicine, but is familiar with ayurvedic practices and gave me some great nutrition advice. I found that very refreshing after going to many Drs who only want to prescribe pills and be done with you.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

I been seeing a Doctor Martinzes since 2004 for but today he he loss me as a patient. He now is totally crazy I have back pain and he gave me some herbal crap. He is now more into he a wellness Doctor to give you herbs. The biggest joke of my life, I wasted 200 buck on crappy herbs. Stay away from him. I ask him how to help lose weight he said just stop eating only eat two meals a week that's nuts. I may have the better Business bureau check him out.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2013

He was rude and mean I called for an appt and I asked if I was to be billed at the time of the apt or billed later then he abruptly said so ur canceling bye!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

Been going to Doc Martinez since 1985. He is friendly but he still gets right to the point. He is uncannily accurate which means fewer RXs and quicker recoveries. All of my family has been to see him at some time and we all love this man. If you need hand-holding and a fist full of RXs then you need someone else... but if you want good results, he's your guy. I saw revues here saying he didn't care about the patient. Well, when I was home recovering from my heart attack he called me to check on me and even gave me his home phone! Do ALL Docs do that??? I don't think so.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

excellent care very knowledgeable, ask a lot of questions and listens when you think he's not. at the end of visit give understandable advise.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

He asked a ton of questions and seemed genuinely interested in figuring out what is wrong with me. I appreciated his persistence, seriousness, and knowledgeability.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. George D. Martinez's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1980)