Ratings for Dr. Michael A Hovey

Doctor Hovey and his assistant Robbie are two of the nicest people you could ever meet. They are so wonderful. My husband and I both had weight loss surgery by Dr. Hovey. We were thrilled with everything about our experience. I honestly couldn't have asked for more.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

This doctor is very condescending and arrogant. He literally just looked at me and my wife and didn't say anything to at least three of our questions. I asked him again, and he just shook his head and looked at us like we were idiots. He had a air of superiority about him that made me cringe. I wouldn't go to him to have my nails trimmed let alone allow him to open me up.

Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr. Hovey was great. My wife had emergency surgery to remove her gall bladder and he put our mind at ease. Great surgeon. Very skilled in talking with the patient and spouse. HOWEVER....... His office staff is less than professional. The billing department treats patients with disrespect. We were contacted by the billing office without receiving a bill after they had processed the claim to insurance incorrectly.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Extremely knowledgable and considerate surgeon. I was referred to someone else, but several people mentioned him. I'm so glad that I saw him instead. He was extremely willing to explain (in simple terms) and was more than patient with my family.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2008

Dr. Michael A Hovey's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)