Ratings for Dr. Yakov Shaposhnikov

I have some helpful tips for this doctor he is one of the best hands down. DR.SHAPOSHNIKOV: is a good Doctor I've been seeing him on and off since 2010,,,, I was very ill for over a year in a half from july 2009 till November 2010 due to gallbladder problems i had been in and out of the hospital trying to have someone help treat what was going on found out when i callopsed on my parents floor in Nov 2010 that their was no treatment and I almost died I went from weighing 105 pounds to 65, 69 pounds I was in such bad shape they weighed me in a wheelchair, once they got pain and everything undercontrol I finally got to tell the doctors when all this started and one of the ER doctors made It very cpear that I was not going anywhere and made It very clear In my medical records when they put me In the system and then I found out during the whole time i was sick that they found out I was having other medical issues that had started to surface. But I'm back seeing shaposhnivok again and I'm on a medication that can cause bone loss if i stop having a menstrual cycle. He wants me to get a device put in that is like a pace maker for your heart but it is for your stomach if I can atleast do the medication rather then getting another surgery then I'm better off I don't want the surgery and then it don't work then I'm right back where I started with being on the medication again. BUT here are some tips and idea's to help anyone who is having problems. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1.. Insurance most people have co-pays at the time of service SO if you have medicare without out a secondary insurance then you have a co-pay but if you have medicare with a secondary insurance then you don't have any co-pays. ...it just depends on the secondary insurance. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2.. referral's if you can get the doctors name or at least the phone number so you can get the correct spelling of the new doctors name that your being referred to but you need to make sure the paper work Is correct sometimes paper work does get mixed up but you can not get upset cause you can't always controle what happsen so If you can call to stay on top of it then do It just cause the doctor says don't worry about It you always make sure your on top of it trust nothing unless you know first hand. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3.. scheduleing an appointment always call and verify your appointment date and time that is your responsibility no one else's unless you have a care taker that does that For you.... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 4.. you can not get offened by a doctor's personal questions because it is their job to get as much Information on your medical backround and medical history weather it Is your mothers side your fathers side even If It has to do with your menstrual cycle and past pregnancy he needs to know every thing about you as a person from past surgery and complacation you may have had he needs to know incase you have to have surgery or colonoscopy or even a problem with an allergic reaction to anastics or any Gi medication he Is doing It for your safty and making sure you are taking care of that Is his job.. . But if you get offened by him cause he Is asking to many personal questions about your history and I'm not trying to sound harsh just brutally honest then there is something wrong with you cause my husband goes in with me every time and he says things to me all the time I go along with it cause he has been doing this along time, and I don't think he is trying to offend you or anybody else but he's trying to lighten the situation and or mood you can either remove the stick from your butt or find another doctor. He always makes me feel very comfortable, he tells my husband he better be good to me or else he will take me from him and of course my husband will say ok you can keep her but I love my doctor and his jokeing around with me cause It makes me feel better but most of my family has met him but he's one of the most sweetest and kind careing doctors I've ever had outside in my pain doctors. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I hope some of 1-4 tips were helpful and I'm sure some people will be thankful but I'm sure others aren't going to like my honesty but good luck with this doctor and if not then good luck in your surch to find one. ......

flag | Submitted January 12, 2015

When 1st attempt made for an appointment, I was lied to by the receptionist saying my referral was being rejected because Dr. Shaposhnikov's full name wasn't typed on it though Medicaid had faxed it directly to the office. I was still turned away, having to wait another 6 weeks to get in. RUDEST doctor I have ever seen. My previous gi specialist has performed a colonoscopy and Endoscopy, taken biopsies, etc. I have crohn's disease, ('cut' appearance of villi in the small intestine, not 'blunted' as with celiac,) & my mother also has crohn's disease. He didn't want to get any of this. He wouldn't allow me to speak at all, instead insisting on treating any time I opened my mouth as an opportunity to act as if some sort of argument were taking place. More concerned about mismatched paperwork than hearing a word out of me. Took a personal cell phone call for over 10 minutes & proceeded to play personal cell phone tag via 3 more calls while I was sitting in the exam room with him. I've never been so poorly treated or had an acting medical professional be so unkind & rude. I had to "pretend" to let a little Russian I know "slip" merely to catch the man's attention to ask for help with the agonizing nausea my symptoms cause. I am not impressed with this office, the staff, nor this doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Dr.S changed my colonoscopy "screening" to "diagnostic" based on faulty findings I am fighting my insurance company for back. He will not listen to you and talks at you. He likes to shock his patients saying strange things and to women, inappropriate. I had no symptoms that would make my screening a diagnostic, but the patient questionaire I listed my mother had breast cancer. He said, well breast/gastro system are all connected.....he therefore changed it to "diagnostic". Of course, WITHOUT ANYBODY telling me. I got stuck with enourmous bill. Please find another dr.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

I've been to Dr. S's office 5 times for colonoscopies, stricture (esophagus) and other GE related complaints. I've always been treated well, though not always without a wait; sometimes more; sometimes less. I've had my surgeries at UMC, and most of them have been professional and quick; though a few times, the wait at the hospital has been long. The doctor has good bedside manner, and humorous at times. He's helped me when I needed help. No problem getting in either. As for the others that have responded negatively, grow up! Cowboy up, and quit crying. The man is doing you more of a favor than you are doing for him. Be happy about it, and not some sourpuss.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

This was my first experience with Dr. Shaposhnikov and will be my last. During my visit he would not let me talk and told me 3 different times during my appointment not to talk and "don't speak". He did not ask me anything about my symptoms, how long it has been going on, if it was still going on, etc. I was very disappointed and wanted to walk out. He also told me after explaining that I would not able to drive after the procedures he wanted to schedule that even though I will feel fine after I wake up to not drive and that I am already a danger since I am a young female. I was very offended by this comment and told him "in your opinion" and he said no its fact, then told me not to talk and to let him finish. I would never recommend him and advise everyone to seek out a better doctor.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

For over 6 months i tried to get an appointment with him, it finally took an emergency appendectomy for him to see me. After that procedure it was noted that i had abnormalities on my colon and my surgeon requested i have a colonoscopy. Dr. S. order many tests endoscopy, ct's, bloodwork, etc, all except a colonoscopy. After 5 visits and not colonoscopy i brought it up to the office manager and was confronted with hostility. I then changed to Pasha, had a colonoscopy, which led to the finding of cancerous polyps. I wasted 12 months with this man, only to have him miss an exploding appendix and cancer. Do not waste your health, time, and money. I agree with others that his office runs more like a scam. Even Mountain View hospital staff commented on how many procedures were booked for him during my endo. He is only in it for the money, not to help you.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2012

I have a chronic GI condition and i feel safe and cared for by this doctor. he is knowledgeble, always on top of the new treatments and treats me like a person, not a disease. You have to wait, but HE IS WORTH THE WAIT.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

I had the best experience. I have chronic GI problems and I felt that he had great bedside manner, very knowledgeble. He is booked - BECAUSE HE IS SO GOOD!!! SO yes you have to wait to see him, but i had no worries that i would not get great care!!! I read all the other comments - GREAT DOCTOR!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

You should find another doctor this man is not your first choice ! Also check his Malpractice record !!!!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Worst Doctor I have been to in Las Vegas.Average wait time is approximately 2 hours regardless of time of day of appointment. Ive had multiple endoscopies (with other doctors) and this Docs was the most painful.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Dr. Yakov Shaposhnikov's Credentials

• Arabic

• First Leningrad I P Pavlov Med Inst, St Petersburg, Russia (Grad. 1967)