Ratings for Dr. Karen L. Herbst

Great doctor! She has great bedside manner. She diagnosed me with Dercums Disease after years of frustration with a VA hospital. She is definately worth the long distance travel. I highly recommend her!!!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

Anyone who suffers from a rare adipose disorder should see Dr. Herbst. (or anyone else who needs a fantastic endocrinologist, for that matter.) She was humane, knowledgeable, warm and knew more my rare condition than the last five physicians I have seen. She emailed my results to me within a few days (I had traveled a bit to see her), allowed us to tape the entire visit and she checked me out thoroughly. She also sent pages and pages of lifestyle modifications that might help me and some medications to review with my internist (my local doctor) to try that are generic (therefore affordable) and have helped people like me. I truly do not have enough words to describe my gratitude to this physician. She cares about her patients -- and it shows. I have gone from doctor to doctor seeking help -- she was the only one who knew what I had, and offered ideas that could actually help me. If only all doctors showed the depth of concern for their patients that Dr. Herbst shows. She's an angel!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2012

Dr.Herbst is the most knowledgable, professional and kind doctor I have ever met.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

Dr. Karen Herbst is very knowledgeable, helpful and concerned about her patient's well being. She is an expert in a field of rare disorders of adipose distribution, among other specialty areas she works in. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2008

If I had to pick one word to describe Dr. Karen Herbst, it would be compassionate. She is very knowledgeable and spends time as needed to thoroughly explain things and answer questions. Very rare qualities in this day and time. She is one of the best!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2008

I was absolutely impressed with her ability to diagnose me immediately. She was nice enough to do the biopsy in her office on the same day because I live out of state from her practice.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008

Dr. Karen L. Herbst's Credentials

• Rush Med Coll Of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 60612 (Grad. 1996)