Ratings for Dr. Richard H. Myers

I have been a patient with Dr. Rick Meyers since 2000 when I had my exit physical from active duty. I found out only then that my eye glass prescription for the past 20 years had been wrong. He lined up my vision so that both eyes were seing LEVEL, then converge and focus both eyes on the same thing. I NEVER seen so well my entire life, when I asked him why the military let that go, he said, well, you close one eye when you pull the trigger right? It was that simple - unnecessary. The staff is also very helpful and they have the best selection of merchandise, from budget to luxury and never pressure you with upsells. If you need an Optometrist - look no further, I have driven from Key West and West Palm just to see him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I've been to Dr. Myers' office several times and each time I go I ask myself why?!?? This is certainly the last time I will be seeing him. The staff is great and I honestly feel bad for them. I feel like they are scared of the doctor. He is so disgusting. His hands always smell like cigarettes, he has a nasty attitude, is always late, and then he rushes you. I went into his office a few weeks ago and for some reason he thought it would be okay to share his personal life with me. Throughout his story, he must've cursed about 5-7 times. He is very unprofessional! I arrived to my appointment on time, but I didn't go inside until an hour and a half later! Then once I go inside, he rushes me. It was very late and I know he probably wanted to go home (as did I), but he wouldn't even let me get a word in. Every time I tried to speak he would interrupt me and assume he knew what I was about to say. When I finally got a word in, he was extremely demeaning! I would not recommend anyone to go there

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

I just had to say, WOW. This man KNOWS what he is doing. He takes you serious. He WILL NOT give up on you. I have never met a doctor like this that will not give up on ANY type of situation you may have. In my case it was getting the correct contact lens combination and brand to suit me and my needs for work and personal life. Every time I came back to him with some sort of issue he would take it on full force and just will not give up. WOW. THANK GOD for Doctors like him.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

The Staff was very friendly! Dr. Myers was very knowledgeable and he took the time to explain in detail all my concerns by giving me relevant examples. I recently moved and after knowing how many Optometrist are available in the Miami area I became overwhelmed. I'm very happy that I decided to see Dr. Myers it was a great decision, and I am very pleased with the service I received today. I definitely recommend him!!!!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Very helpful and no rush. Great experience. Took his time to explain my condition and offer 50% discount for military on all glasses.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2011

Dr. berated me after being late to appointment, and cursed saying he didn't need patients like this.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008