Ratings for Dr. Carole Jordan-Harris

Dr. Jordan-Harris has been my ObGyn since 1994. She delivered all 6 of my children and has performed surgery on me. She is outstanding, professional, caring and attentive. A loving doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr. Jordan-Harris was my OB/GYN throughout my pregnancy and for the delivery of my baby. Every appointment she was over and hour late. At the later stages of pregnancy that can get very uncomfortable sitting for that long. She was late to my birth, and after 31 hours of labor the staff told me "Not to push" until the doctor arrived. You can imagine my answer. Luckily, she arrived just in time. She also saw that I had eventually asked for Pitosin and an epidural after 24 hours of labor and laughed, "So much for the birth plan!" I wanted to punch her. After the birth, something was wrong. I wasn't healing and the pain got worse and worse. I slept on the couch with my baby because I couldn't make the stairs. Three weeks of calling her office every day and she did not return my call. I eventually went to another OB/GYN who rushed me into surgery telling me my uterus had literally split all the way up. AND DR. JORDAN-HARRIS DID NOT RETURN MY PHONE CALL. I cannot tell you enough what a nightmare this was--the care was extremely sub-standard and she never cared one bit. This doctor should retire or get her license revoked!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I first met Dr. Jordan Harris during a consultation about having my fibroids surgically removed. In hinds sight I dismissed her constant comments as a form of quirkiness. I later realized that her comments convey her judgement of you. When I would inquire where she would make the incision she would often avoid answering the question, and comment, "You California women". I later realized she was just condescending. I finally got her to tell me where she would make the incision, she took out measuring tape and stated that she should be able to make a bikini incision. I awake to discover from a student resident (not Dr. Harris herself), that she proceeded to cut me from about two inches above my belly button, the scar curves around my navel and continues to my pelvic bone. He also stated that she did not use a small camera (as discussed) to better assist with the surgery. At my post op. visit she told me to have kids in 2 years and then walked out the office. Extremely rude and dishonest.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2012

I had complications with a pap-smear and she handed me information to read and would not even explain to me what would happen or what was going on with my body. Next, I had to have a biopsy, her nurse didnt know what to do and I left crying, feeling violated. Next she called and told me that I had to have laser surgery to remove HPV. I had a bad feeling and consulted a new doctor to discover that I DO NOT HAVE HPV at all! I would have had surgery for no reason!!!...but to fill her pockets with money. I sat in her office crying, asking questions and she could not care less, she told me I needed to read up on HPV if I wanted to learn. Please find someone who will treat you like a human being and maybe even a friend when you are dealing with such a personal doctor! I could cry just writing this!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

the doctor is very caring. she will force tests on you but i didnt get the feeling that she was being judgemental or trying to get extra money. i think she cares about the wellbeing of her patients and wants us to be responsible about our gynecological health. she's more "no-nonsense" than "judgemental'. and she's delivered thousands of babies and treated thousands of women, she's good. i trust her and believe that she cares.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2009

I cannot stress how extremely disappointed I am in this Dr. & her staff. After being off birth control for approx. 5 years, Dr. Harris started me on the NuvaRing. A week into the ring I started experiencing the WORST side effects (mood swings, no sex drive). By the 2nd week, I started spotting & itching all over my body in addition to the other effects. I called early one morning to speak with Dr. Harris, as I was worried & ready to quit the ring altogether. I was told to leave a message & that she would get back to me. By the end of the day no call was received; I called back. I was asked to repeat everything again & that she would call me the next day. The 2nd day came & went. My THIRD attempt to reach Dr. Harris I was put on hold for over 10 minutes. When experiencing negative side effects to any medication, this is NOT the manner a patient should be treated. I am only thankful that the symptoms were not life threatening. Would not recommend this Dr. or her staff to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Dr. Jordan-Harris is a FANTASTIC, caring and knowledgable OBGYN. She took care of me and my baby during my first pregnancy. I had a second child when I moved to NC. I miss her. I almost wanted to go back to California while I was pregnant, just to have her. In her office you will see pictures of all the babies she delivered. That really speaks to her being so fabulous. People go to her because they WANT to, not because they have to.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Woudn't take check, credit card or debit card. ONLY CASH!!! She wouldn't let me pay her 25 dollars any other way. I had to walk 2 blocks to the atm to get cash and then come back. VERY judgemental. Forced tests on me when I didn't need them- I think to get money from insurance. Not friendly- rolled her eyes at me. Overall- I would say this woman doesn't have enough compassion for human beings to be a doctor. And she certainly shouldn't be an obgyn.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

judgemental. wait for one hour to see her for 2 minutes and then she acts to busy for you and rolls her eyes when you ask her questions.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2008

The doctor is excellent... but her office staff is not efficient, not very helpful at all and difficult to deal with.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2008